Laryngitis

A/N: Not me posting early because I'm excited lol. Also, we might be getting a slight different cover soon - don't get too excited, though, is pretty much the same thing, but more appropriate to go along with the one I made for the next book

"Hey, mama."

At the sound of his voice, Piper frowned, turning from her locker to look at Puck instead as the boy stood there, with a smirk on his face.

"You look hot in this Cheerios uniform, you know?" He continued, as Piper scoffed.

"What are you doing?" She asked, as Puck shrugged.

"Trying to get you on a date with me."

"Okay, first of all... This is not how you get a girl to go on a date with you." She said, as Puck rolled his eyes. "Second of all, I'm gay. Like very gay. Like... Only girls do it for me type of gay."

"I can dig that." Puck said, and for her own mental stability, Piper decided to ignore the comment. "And besides, if you want, you can just make out with a girl in front of me and we'll call it dating."

"Third of all, and most important... Aren't you dating Quinn?"

"Not really." Puck shrugged. "No one can tie me down. Not even the chastity princess."

Annoyed, Piper slammed her locker shut as she turned to look at Puck.

"I don't even know why we're having this conversation." She spat at him.

"Look, I need something to fix my image, okay?" Puck said, as Piper rolled her eyes. "Ever since I shaved my mohawk, no one's scared of me anymore. I need to do something to be popular again and now that you're in the Cheerios, you're kind of a hot topic of discussion around."

"I'm not gonna be your girlfriend." Piper scoffed, as she spun around in her heels and started to make her way down the hallway, sighing heavily when she felt Puck following her.

"It's just for show, baby." He insisted, and Piper cringed at the nickname. "Look, I know I'm not really your type, but you gotta admit, I am pretty easy on the eyes."

"Even if I wasn't attracted to girls, I wouldn't be attracted to you." Piper smiled at Puck before shrugging when he rolled his eyes. "I won't be your girlfriend. Now leave me alone."

And thankfully, he did, probably out to hunt again, looking for any of the other Cheerios who would fall for his stupid smirk and bad boy persona. Fixing her bag on her shoulders, Piper reached for her phone and called the one number on the speed dial.

"Girl." Piper said, as soon as Mercedes picked up the call. "You won't believe what just happened."

"Girl, I was just about to call you!" Mercedes said, from the other side of the line.

"No, but listen to this... Just now..."

"Puck asked me to be his girlfriend." The two of them said together, and as soon as they realized what had just happened, they gasped, Piper even stopped walking as she stood in the middle of the hallway, half-surprised and half-amused.

"Wait, what do we have now?" She asked, her voice laced with humor as she tried not to burst out laughing just yet.

"Calculus." Mercedes answered in the same tone.

"Oh, no, forget that. We're totally skipping." Piper giggled. "I'll meet you at the bleachers in five."

"Okay." Mercedes was quick to agree, also dying to talk — and most likely make fun of Puck — to her best friend. "I'll meet you there."