Chapter 1: Meeting By Chance

Cold. I was shivering from head to toe. The rain continuously poured down as I struggle to find shelter. The next thing I realized was that I ended up in some dark alley, not my ideal place to get cover from the rain. Especially since Shizu-chan is somewhere around the city, just thinking about him makes me want to cut my head off. Before my luck got any worse, the rain decides to pour harder. Great, just what I need after a long day, what else could go wrong? Lightning appears? Or even worse, Shizu-chan shows up? I noticed that the rain wasn't pouring all over me anymore. So I look up to suddenly see an umbrella on top of me and to my surprise Shizu-chan was holding it.

"What a pleasant day to see you here, all soaking wet, right I-za-ya-kun~," Shizu-chan smirked.

"My my, it really is Shizu-chan, too bad you're here," I replied back forcing a smile on my face.

I turned my head away from Shizu-chan. For Shizu-chan to see me looking like an abandoned dog out in the rain makes me feel helpless. Just get out of my sight and never come back. I grudgingly trudged back to my place, just desperately trying to get Shizu-chan out of my vision. Out of nowhere an umbrella knocks me down.

"What was that for?!" I growled.

"You can have it," Shizu-chan called back, "I don't need it anyways."

But what Shizu-chan didn't know was that I happened to see him buy this plastic umbrella from the convenience store 30 minutes ago, knowing that he was fully aware that it was going to rain. I look over at the umbrella and tilted my head. For Shizu-chan to actually do something nice to me sounds wrong. Did something happened to this buffoon?

"Hey are you alright?" I questioned him disgustedly.

"Wha-"

"I mean I could get you to Shinra if you're not feeling okay."

"What makes you think that?"

"I mean, take a look at what you're doing right now, for you to give me an umbrella on a rainy day doesn't sound like you, let's go call Shin-"

"I told you I'm fine!" Shizu-chan shouted.

Startled, I took a step back, not knowing what will happen if he randomly starts throwing vending machines at me.

"It's for you anyways," he grumbled.

Were my ears deceiving me or what? Saying it was for me! The Shizu-chan I knew would never do this. Awkwardly, I walked over to the umbrella and picked it up from the ground.

"T-thank you then," I stuttered while I looked down.

My heart was beating so loud that I was pretty sure that even Shizu-chan could hear it, even with the rain in the background. I turned around and started to walk away from Shizu-chan. What do you think you're doing Shizu-chan? Making my heart pound like this! I began to pick up my pace but someone grabbed onto my arm. I tugged with all my might to break free. I tried not to turn around because I obviously knew that it was Shizu-chan who was grabbing my arm.

"Let me go!" I commanded.

"Not yet, I can't let this you go just yet," Shizu-chan replied back.

I managed to get out of his grasp but he quickly pulled me in for a hug. The umbrella slipped away from my hand. My face begins to burn up rapidly. I struggled to get out of his arms but his grip was incredibly strong.

"W-wha-what do you think you're doing!" I yelled at him.

"Hugging you."

"What do you even want from me?"

"Nothing, just worried about you."

I stopped my struggling and let my arms dropped to my side. I buried my face onto his chest which Shizu-chan didn't mind at all. It wasn't a surprise that he was worried about me. I did try to attempt a suicide but Shizu-chan found me and stopped me before I let go of the railing of a 20-storey building. I then disappeared for a whole 3 months without anyone knowing where I was. I am now back after 2 weeks, acting like nothing happened. The reason I did this was that the humans that I used to "love" were getting boring. Same old reactions, same old predictions. Nothing ever became satisfactory for me anymore. Humans now failed my expectations rather than exceeding them. The days I spent became so effortlessly boring that I didn't mind dying at all. The last thing I thought about when I attempted my suicide was, "too bad I won't get to see Shizu-chan's priceless reactions anymore." Yet I just saw one a few minutes ago. I couldn't forget the expression on his face when he looked painfully hurt out of my head.

"Don't worry, I won't disappear anymore," I assured Shizu-chan.

"Damn right," he agreed, "Don't make me look for you anymore."

"... I got it," I said softly.

My head felt lightheaded, and my vision was getting foggy. I forced myself to stand up with my own two feet but I was getting drowsy by the second. I felt a fever coming up, but I didn't want to tell Shizu-chan that. I didn't want to admit it that I had a fever but I knew I needed his help.

"I'm guessing you have a fever," he hinted.

I slowly nodded back to him.

"I guess I'll be taking you to my place," he decided.

Shizu-chan suddenly looked at me in the eyes and said determinedly, "Move in with me, live at my place."

His voice rang inside of my ears. I managed to say something before I collapsed.

Weakly, I said, "Okay."

Then I passed out.