Chapter 13: A Gut Feeling

Present Time:

(Izaya's POV)

"Shizu-chan?" I whispered. My voice echoed throughout the dark alley.

I walk further into the alley, keeping my guard up. One hand held my flick blade and the other hand was gliding around the brick wall, making sure I don't get swallowed up into the darkness. I stop at where the paths split up, one lead to the end of the alley and another led to a dead end. On the path that lead to the dead end, there stood a post lamp, a shadowy figure leaned on it. It couldn't be- A trickle of sweat dropped from my face, my stomach was flipping from all directions.

My heart started racing as I came closer, blonde- I froze in my tracks. Blonde hair illuminated from the light. I put my blade inside my pocket and ran towards him.

"S-SHIZU-CHAN?!" I screeched.

The stench of blood quickly evaded my nose and I sharply take a step back. I cover my nose with my sleeve and knelt beside him. I put my hand on the ground, but I felt something warm. A pool of blood was all around him. I warily turn him over so that his back was touching the ground.

There were bruises on him everywhere. I also see cuts and scars, thankfully, the scars didn't go too deep into his skin. But why was there such a big puddle of blood? I take his vest off and I see his shirt stained with red. I unbutton his shirt open and witness a deep cut that stretched across his chest horizontally, blood was still dripping. I flinch at the sight and put my ear on his chest. There was still a faint heartbeat going. Good...

Even though I wasn't showing it, I was panicking from the inside, I felt lightheaded and I wanted to breakdown at this sight, but I want to be here for Shizu-chan. I phone Shinra and tell him to get Celty here by 5 minutes without giving him an explanation.

I observe the ground for any clues on who did this to him, I already knew who made the cut in his chest, but what about all these bruises? It might have been Mikoto too, but I'm not so sure yet. I see something written in blood near Shizu-chan. It read: "Iza-chin." A heart was drawn by blood on the side. Disgusted, I take a quick picture of it then crushed the writing under my shoe, destroying all the evidence.

Celty pulls up and shuddered at the sight she bestowed upon. She quickly types: "Did you do this?"

"Not even close," I told her the truth.

She tilts her head in confusion and tells me to hop on as her shadow formed into a carriage. I helped her carry Shizu-chan inside the carriage and sat down beside him. Celty hops onto her horse and we get away from the crime scene.

A Few Hours Ago:

(Mikoto's POV)

I'm running back to the house, trying not to break the eggs I held in my arms. It'll be bad if I get Iza-chin mad, I've already done too much to hurt his little heart. I need to try my best to postpone my plan for killing Shizou. Maybe I can do it when Iza-chin goes on a trip somewhere, but that's not likely to happen. It's frickin amazing to see Iza-chin put up with that monster, Shizou. I mean, he's impolite, ungentle and inconsiderate, I could probably name more, but the list goes on and on. 

I don't even know why Iza-chin agreed to live with him, sure they might have a 'special' relationship. But that relationship can break if someone, perhaps Shizou, goes missing, or better yet, if he dies.

I finally come back and I see Iza-chin sitting on a stool with his laptop on the counter. Shizou gives him a cup of coffee and leans over to see what Iza-chin was doing on the screen. You look like fucking newlyweds. That's my Iza-chin, back off Shizou. I glared at Shizou as I handed the eggs to him.