Chapter 3: Permanent

I've been living in the Shizu-chan household for 5 days now. It's almost a week before I will actually confirm my approval of us living together. I need to do something fast so Shizu-chan can get into a physical fight with me. I hope I can make it out alive.

Day 6:

"Shizu-chan~, come in the kitchen for a second," I called out.

I'm making some noodles at this moment and I am currently planning to "accidentally" trip while holding the pot so it will "accidentally" splash onto Shizu-chan. I look over at the hot, steaming pot and I smirked to myself. I heard Shizu-chan's footsteps getting closer so I swiftly grab the pot and my plan was now in Phase One.

"What is it flea?" Shizu-chan asked.

"Oh! I was making some noodles and I want you to taste test this for me," I happily replied back.

I walk closer to Shizu-chan and I began Phase Two, the tripping stage. I pretended to trip over nothing and threw the pot in Shizu-chan's direction.

I fell on the ground still smiling as I heard the pot colliding with Shizu-chan.

I looked over to Shizu-chan and I just froze. I was shocked, he was on the floor and the hot steamy water was soaking his clothes, the noodles were all over his hair and body, but he just casually began to brush it off. "He's not human!" I told myself.

"S-S-Shizu-chan we need to get you a bath," I exaggeratedly screeched.

He scoffed and smiled at me, no not the kind of smile when you're gesturing "It's alright," it was the kind where he was plotting something. I knew that something was going to happen to me shortly after. My spine shivered coldly.

"You're right flea, but you need to take a bath too," he said mischievously.

"Eh?" I said, dumbfounded.

I felt like there were gears inside my brain that were rotating until I knew what was going on. Then suddenly, they all clicked together. I knew where this situation was going and I was headed straight to it. I scrambled to my feet and tried to run away but Shizu-chan reached out his hand and held onto my feet causing myself to fall back down again. He slowly gets up and slings me onto his shoulder, still smiling happily to himself, I swear for a moment, my entire life flashed into my eyes.

"Let's take a bath together I-zaaa-yaa-kun~," he teased.

"N-NOOOOOOO!" I screamed.

Day 7:

Yesterday was quite "crazy", you can let your imagination play out what happened after that, let's just say that, he managed to make me take a bath with him.

The sunlight crept onto my eyes causing me to wake up. I stretched my arms and looked around. I became fully awake when I saw Shizu-chan peacefully sleeping on my bed- oh wait, scratch that, it was actually his bed. I try to get out of the bed only to see that Shizu-chan was clinging onto me. I managed to get out of his grasp but I slipped out of his bed only to make a sound loud enough for Shizu-chan to wake up.

He rubbed his eyes, "Good mornin' flea."

Enraged by how he could greet me so calmly in the morning, I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

"Idiot!" I stomped out of his room.

I circled around my room, brainstorming ideas on how I could get Shizu-chan to purposely attack me. I was interrupted by Shizu-chan who knocked on my door and announced that, "breakfast was ready." Still angry at him, I wanted to refuse, but my hunger was my top priority right now. I went down to find an omelette on my plate. The weird thing is, there was ketchup that shaped a poorly drawn heart.

I stared at Shizu-chan and pointed at the omelette, "What is this?" I said disappointingly.

"How rude, I drew a heart, meaning that I made that omelette with all my love," Shizu-chan explained with a straight face.

I shook my head in disapproval, but there was a faint trace of happiness when he said he made it with "love." I sat down on a chair and began to eat. Shizu-chan turned off the stove and sat across from me.

"Oi, flea," he began.

"Hm? What is it this time?" I asked, still looking down at my food.

"Let's take another bath together," he teased.

I choked on my food at his sudden request. Shizu-chan passes a water bottle over to me and I quickly gulped it down.

"Over.. my dead... body!" I rejected, gasping for air in between.

After breakfast, I continued to scatter my brain of plans on how to make Shizu-chan angry. I was desperate, this was my last chance to reverse everything, or else I will be living with him forever.

It was now evening, I've tried endless possibilities, from turning off the TV to trying to drown him in the fish tank. But whatever I do, he always has a comeback for everything. For example, when I drowned him in the fish tank he said "Are you telling me that there are other fishes in the sea?" I vigorously nodded my head at him, he then said, "But I only want you." Or that time when I turned off the TV, he said "Are you that desperate for my attention? Do you want me to turn you on instead," and I quickly ran back to my room, furiously blushing.

There was no more hope for me now, so I decided to help Shizu-chan clear up these mysterious feelings.

I went into his room that night.

"Shi-Shizu-chan?" my voice was squeaky.

"What?" he asked.

I went over to him and I pointed straight at him. "Are you trying to get revenge at me?"

He tilted my head, "What are you saying?"

"I mean- why are you doing this? Why do you want me to live with you?"

"Do you really want to know my feelings that badly?"

"Of course!"

Shizu-chan went closer to me and lifted my chin up so that our eyes locked, our faces were centimeters apart.

"It's because I lo-"

"Lo-?" I questionly echoed back.

He released my chin and said, "I'll tell you the time comes."

"Wha-," my eyes widen.

"Or you could keep living with me to find out," he smirked.

I pouted, I felt defeated. Somehow, my blushing couldn't stop. Instead of finding out about what Shizu-chan's feeling were, I realized that my feelings for him were unclear too. But perhaps our feelings were mutual.

Day 8:

My name it Izaya Orihara, and I am now permanently living with Shizu-chan.