Chapter 18: You First

(Izaya's POV)

I stare at Shizu-chan blankly, a drop of sweat trickles down my face. I turn around to bolt out of his room, but I feel his hand grab onto mine.

"Wait Izaya!" Shizu-chan begs.

My breathing is unsteady, I'm having trouble with my vision now. I need to tell him before it's too late.

"I-I need to tell you something/ I need to tell you something," we both say in unison.

Shizu-chan's ears were bright red, "You can go f-first."

"It's ok," I look down, "You first."

After several seconds of arguing on who's going first, I finally give in and go first.

I open my mouth, but no words come out of it. My face was red with embarrassment.

"Y-Y-You already know what I'm going to say," I complained.

"Really? In fact, I have no idea what you're talking about," he says with a smug smile.

I growl at Shizu-chan and look into his eyes. We stare at each other's eyes for while and it threw him off guard. Before he could say something, I slip out if his grasp and jumped off from the railing on from the second floor to the first floor without a scratch.

"I have to do something right now! Maybe I'll tell you later," I wave at him and dash out the entrance.

"Izaya! You bastard!" I hear Shizu-chan screaming in the distance.

~

I'm not ready, not now. I sprint over to Shinra's and barge in.

"Oi, oi!" Shinra waves his arms up from the living room, "Is this a break in? What are you doing?!"

"Just freeloading here for a while," I look at Shinra, he had a uncertain look across his face, "Don't worry, I'll go before 11 PM."

"That doesn't make me feel better," Shinra points out, "But suit yoursef, by the way, I'm not serving you tea or anything."

I wave him off and sit on the couch. I wasn't sure if I had my phone or not, I patted down my pockets and I felt my phone. I sigh with relief. Just then, it starts ringing and I jump. It was an unknown number and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"IZAYA I'M GONNA FIND YOU AND-"

I hung up. Shit! He's mad.

(Shizuo's POV)

That little flea! He thinks he could just run off like that! He just hung up the phone on me. Wait till I find him and- I realize I can't waste anymore time or he might already be hiding in a secure place.

I just wish that I had placed a tracker into his phone so I know where he is 24/7. I'm not being obsessive and I'm certainly not a stalker, but it's only if he runs off like that.

I really do have to be patient with Izaya or else he'll leave me. Wait! Leave? I can't let that happen, I won't be able to live without him. I treat Izaya as my life support! I noticed that I'm saying really cheesy and embarrassing stuff that it makes me think twice on whether I should find him or not. I'll try to be civil here for once and not run loose. Maybe I'll give him a few hours, if he doesn't come back, I'll look for him myself.

~

I start getting worried because it's been more than 6 hours and it's already 10 PM. I start pacing around the living room and bite the tip of my thumbnail. I can't resist any longer so I take my coat and leave. Izaya, I'll find you and when I do, I'm going to...

(Izaya's POV)

I hug my knees to my chest. What if  Shizu-chan isn't even looking for me? What if he lost interest? I hug my knee's even tighter. I hear the door open, Shizu-chan? I have a string of hope that I'm holding onto and I see Celty come out of hallway. I feel a bit disappointed, but I wave at Celty and she waves back. She starts walking to the kitchen, but pauses and quickly retraces her steps back to me.

Celty pulls out her phone: "W-Why are you here?"

"Nothing really, just thought I should come by."

She looks dissatisfied and types: "Liar."

"If you knew the answer then why'd you still ask?" I raise one eyebrow up.

She ignores my remark and changes the topic: "Did you fight with Shizuo?"

"Wasn't really a fight," I look at the ground, "Probably just a misunderstanding."

Celty shrugs: "What did you do this time?"

"I-I was supposed to say something, but I made an excuse and came here instead. I felt like he would come by and pick me up. But it's been more than 6 hours, what if he doesn't care anymore?"

Celty flicks my forehead: "Stupid! Are you that dense? He probably wanted a serious answer that time, but now you're here wasting your time."

I'm wide-eyed and my mind just clicks. I should be there, beside Shizu-chan and not here. I hastily stand up and go to the entrance and tie on my shoes.

"Thanks Celty!" I wave at her and go out the door.

I see her waving back and I face forward. To my real goal I go! Rather than sprinting, I was jogging back, I still need time to figure out what and how to say it.

~

(Shizuo's POV)

Maybe Izaya isn't coming back?! I look right and left at the intersection of the street. Arrrg! I feel like pulling out my hair. At this situation, where would he be? Giving up was no near an option, it should be banned as on option.

My phone rings and I quickly picked it up.

"S-Shizu-chan?" Izaya asked.

"Izaya! Where are you?" I desperately questioned him.

"Huh-? I'm jogging back from Shinra's, I-I can see our building now," he says in short breaths.

"Meet me back home! I'm coming for you," I tell him and hang up.

I start to hurry over to where Izaya is. It's a good thing I'm just a few kilometers away from our building. I start picking up my pace and I see a raven-haired person enter the building. Izaya! I'm at mad sprint right now, but somehow I can't catch up to Izaya, guess I'll meet him back in our complex.

When I go inside the building I don't even bother going in the elevator and go straight to the stairs. At times like these, I wish our complex wasn't at the top floor. I skip steps as I make my way up and I finally made my destination.

I open the door with my keys and I see Izaya with his hands on his knees, he was straining for air. He wipes the sweat off across his forehead and straightens up his posture.

"Shizu-chan... I need to tell you something," Izaya points directly at me.

(Izaya's POV)

"B-But first, what were you going to say after I hanged up?" I ask curiously.

"I'll tell you once you tell me what you have to say for yourself," he bargains.

"Fine," I look away embarrassed.

I turn back at him instantly locked eyes with him, "A-Actually I lov-"

Before I could say anything else, I was interrupted... by a kiss.

Shizu-chan leaned over and kissed me without hesitation.

We pulled back afterwards and I'm embarrassed from head to toe.

"W-Wha-?!"

"I was gonna say..." Shizu-chan smiles and licks his freshly kissed lips "...Izaya I'm gonna find you and when I do, I'm going to kiss you."