one; the start of the rivalry & the start of owls year

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

in the beginning there was a girl who saw death.
in the beginning there was a boy who was pressured.
they were both broken in different ways,
but they hated each other,
even though they could probably understand each other
in more ways than they knew.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

September 1st, 1976 -

"Oi Lia! Will you stop glaring at my brother and listen to me?" Sirius whined, tugging lightly on a loose blonde lock of hair. 

The first time Aurelia Skyes saw Regulus Black was when Sirius pointed his brother out for her their first meal in the Great Hall with a simple warning of "stay away from my brother, he's mummy's little boy." Aurelia gave the boy a slight nod and glanced at the younger Black with curiosity alight in her eyes. It just happened to be her luck that Regulus decided to look at her at the same time. Green met grey, fire met ice, both unwavering and a rivalry was born. No one knew how it started, but from that day forward Regulus Black and Aurelia Skyes despised each other. 

But Regulus was one of the few people who didn't like Aurelia, she quickly became a steady presence in Gryffindor. She quickly integrated herself into the group of Marauders, after growing up with James Potter, Aurelia had a mischievous streak to rival any of the boys. She found good friends in Lily Evans and Alice Fortescue though they were both a year older. But she found her other half in Marlene Mckinnon as soon as she sat down next to the other blonde during their first meal as Gryffindors. 

After four years at Hogwarts, the rivalry between the Slytherin Prince and the Gryffindor Princess was well known. Everyone knew the duo hated each other and if they were within a five foot radius of each other were likely to end up hexing each other. If Slytherin vs. Gryffindor Quidditch games weren't violent enough, it became worse when the two Seekers were completely ruthless, almost always one of them ended up in the hospital wing. Aurelia was known for being extremely smart and even more bubbly, pranking and doing whatever she pleased, with a constant bright smile on her face, except when she was around Regulus Black or his infuriating friends. Regulus Black was once a perfect student, helping other Slytherins out, and rather reserved, but as soon as Sirius ran away the winter of the younger Black's fourth year, he became ruthless and emotionless, snapping at everyone and everything. 

The one thing they both prided themselves in was how they were unfaltering, and they both were so incredibly stubborn that they refused to stop the rivalry that no one even knew the origins of. So Aurelia kept her glare on the boy, absentmindedly twirling a blonde wave around her finger, smirking smugly when the Slytherin was forced to break eye contact.