five; the slug club party

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

they hated each other, not really
they were just scared of how much they saw themselves
in the other

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

September 16th, 1976 -

Aurelia was purposely avoiding Regulus as much as possible. For once in her life, she didn't seek him out, arguing with him every five minutes, provoking him into retorting. And when he would tease her, she would simply ignore him, cooly brushing him off.  Because as much as they had teased each other, she never brought up his brother and he never brought up her parents, it was almost an unspoken rule. 

She didn't realize how much it affected her, how much his words could tear her apart and she didn't know why. She couldn't comprehend why she missed his snarky words, him trying to one-up her in class, or just about anything. She had skipped prefect duty for a week and was surprised that no one had gotten her in trouble yet for doing so. 

It was when she was skipping her sixth day of Prefect duty that Marlene finally dragged her out of the dorm, "Lia you are the strongest person I know. You are not going to be defeated by bloody Regulus Black. Fuck him Lia! It doesn't matter what he said, you're better than him, you're not going to put your life on hold for him."

"I suppose you're right," Aria sighed in defeat, throwing off her covers and making her way across the dorm. "I won't let Regulus Black define me."

"That's the spirit," Marlene grinned, following her best friend down the steps. "If he says something stupid just punch him."

"Everything he says is stupid."

"I suppose you're right," Marlene frowned. "Oh well, I suppose you'll just have to punch him regardless!" 

"Do not encourage her," Lily scolded as the pair of blondes approached her and Alice. "Aurelia Claire Skyes, you're a prefect now, you can't go around punching people."

"Being a prefect didn't stop Remus from socking Mulciber in the fact last year," Aurelia smiled innocently. 

"Remus John Lupin!" Lily gasped scandalized, searching for the boy across the common room.

"Yes Lily?" he responded, looking up from Peter's essay he was proofreading.

"Is it true you punched Mulciber last year?"

"Of course it is," the sandy haired boy grinned proudly. "He spent a few days in the hospital wing for that one."

"He deserved it," Marlene grumbled.