four; the start of the new era of the feud

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

I didn't mean to cause any harm
for who really means to cause harm in this world

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

September 4th 1976 -

"Aren't prefects supposed to be stopping parties not planning them?" Alice questioned Aurelia teasingly.

"Oh shut up Alice," Aurelia groaned. "Besides Remus is helping plan this party too. I didn't even asked to be made a bloody prefect, Minnie should have given it to Marls."

"I'm glad she didn't," Marlene chimed in, biting into her muffin. "I would have been a bloody awful one."

"As if Lia's any better," Peter teased lightly, sticking out his tongue at Aurelia who responded childishly.

"Anyways, Room of Requirement at seven, be there," Sirius instructed.

"And see if the House Elves will spare you some food," James added. "They only like you and Peter."

"I wonder why," Aurelia rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't like someone if they set my kitchen on fire. Oh wait, you set our kitchen on fire too."

"You set the castle's kitchen on fire?" Lily demanded, turning on James. "And your own kitchen! What were you doing?"

"Er—" James scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

"He tried making oatmeal," Sirius tattled.

"Like you're any better," Remus snorted. "You had one job last week, take the cookies out for Mia after twenty minutes. Instead, you ran off with James and the poor lady's cookies were burned to a crisp and her kitchen smelled horrendous."

"Remind me to never let either of them remotely near a kitchen," Marlene whispered loudly to her best friend.

"We're getting off track!" James stammered, cheeks bright red. "Party at seven, be there, or don't I could care less because you're all a bunch of bullies!"

And with that he stood up and dramatically flounced off, Sirius hot on his heels.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

The Room of Requirement was crowded, tables lined with drinks and food spreading across the back wall, a record player somewhere in the corner blasting some random album. Aurelia had ditched her uniform, wearing a short grey skirt and a white button down, half untucked, with a large worn leather jacket she had stolen from Sirius. Her hair was pulled up haphazardly as she held a Firewhiskey in one hand, twirling Marlene with the other.