Seven, Little Notes

Chapter seven

Little notes

2909 words, Written on the 29th of December, published 11/01/2021

"So, how's your relationship with Sebastian? Still having troubles or are you two finally patching it up?" Marlene asked Renée, not hearing the young brunette complain about anything for a little while. "It seems like there is no new trouble in paradise."

"Surprisingly it's been a smooth ride ever since I hexed him. He stopped being overly jealous of Potter, Parkinson never dared to step out of line since Seb put her in her place and we've been having fun." Renée answered, still focusing on the book in front of her. After all the three of them, Lily included, were studying in the library. "I think we've finally found a middle ground that suits us."

"Maybe the fact that you ignored Potter for two weeks straight helped the subduing jealousy factor." Lily snorted, waiting to see Renée's reaction.

"Of course, it helped. I'm not bickering with that fool anymore and Sebastian is not constantly up my arse with jealousy. It's a trouble free win win situation."

"But is it effective though? A problem can't be solved simply if you ignore it. Ignoring Potter would give you two a sense of temporary happiness and when it's finally over Sebastian will explode yet once again." Lily tried sounding sincere but she wasn't sure if she succeeded. "Is it really worth it?"

"It will be in the end, Lils. Why wouldn't it? I ignore Potter while we are in Potion being partners and even in the Hall at meals, it's easy for now and it should stay like that." Renée tried convincing herself surely, she was right. "I like this side of Sebastian."

"Renée, hear me out. Potion's is a smooth sailing class because you skipped most of it over the two weeks, you eat with Sebastian at the Ravenclaw table for every meal and you ignore our study dates with Remus and Sirius only because you don't want to risk Potter showing up. Does that honestly sound like a healthy relationship to you?"

Marlene stayed quiet, trying to see where she would be needed and how to help Renée out in this whole situation. Lily and her knew that Renée was a bit stuck but she just needed a little push. Maybe from them, maybe from Potter, maybe from somebody entirely new.

"It's my decision guys. Whether you support it or not, I choose to ignore Potter and it has been working well. Sebastian and I had many wonderful dates and absolutely no fights at all. You should be happy for me."

"We are if you are Ren, but you are not truly happy and you know it. But we will drop it if you don't want us to interfere. Just remember you can't ignore Potter forever, you have a game on Saturday and we both know the Gryffindors will have a practice every day of the week starting today." Marlene piped in, that was the last piece of advice that would be given that day as the three of them returned to studying.