Evie - Nine Months

(Nine months later...)

After being the biggest I've ever been in my entire life, Prince Liam and I welcome little princess Livie into the world. My sister Lily dotes on her all the time. My dad loves to hold her and babysit for us, too. I still kind of have to go to college, so, um... I mean, come on, should a Princess really have to go to college?

I have no idea. Try explaining that one to my student councilor, though. I did, and you'll have to trust me when I say it didn't go over well.

Even Liam couldn't convince her. Ugh. Whatever.

I like college so it's fine, but it's also a little weird living in the Castle manor at the same time, too.

Dani was annoyed that I got a boyfriend before her. Also, that he was a prince. And also that we were betrothed shortly after meeting. Liam and I never actually explained that whole situation to everyone. We also don't talk about his curse much. My dad just sort of smiles and nods and goes along with whatever.

The curse is... interesting...

Liam can turn into whatever animal he wants when he's with me as long as he's not on the manor grounds. If he's not with me, well, the original curse still stands. Mostly he uses this to his advantage, like when we go to the bank to make loan repayments and Liam decides to turn into a Doberman and growl angrily at Eli Draconis while one of the bank tellers tries to calm him down with a treat.

"Please don't actually eat the treats," I say to him one day when we're leaving the bank. "Seriously, your breath smells so bad afterwards."

"Look, I don't know, they taste delicious when I'm a dog. I'm sorry!"

"I guess! I still love you, it's just--"

The witching hour every night when we're in the Castle mansion is fun, though...

I may or may not secretly set an alarm on my phone to wake me up so I can take full advantage of Liam's primal desires. Shh. Don't give my secret away.

Liam knows, he just pretends not to.

Anyways:

"Tell me about how you and Prince Liam met again?" Lily asks us one night when he's over for dinner.

We tell her the PG version of the story, kind of. It's a little more, um... long, too. As in we decided that it might be better to tell people that we were dating for a little longer before the whole babymaking thing happened.

Lily thinks it's the most romantic thing ever, though. She always squeals in delight at the end and fawns over us after.

"You... you don't happen to have a brother or anything, do you, Liam?" Lily asks him after.

"Actually--" he starts to say.

"Wait? What!" I say. "Um! Why didn't you...?"

"Well, it's complicated," Liam says with a shrug. "My entire family line is a little complicated, but I'm sure we can arrange a meeting some day."

I still have no idea why the infinity roses are so special or important, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I understand that there are things that happen in Steamydale that are a little outside the ordinary.

In fact, there was this one time I heard about--

***

I hope you liked Evie and Liam's story!

The Steamydale series are all a bunch of standalone novellas that inter-connect in different ways and build upon the small town of Steamydale, its history, and its lore.

For example, this story connects somewhat to my Dragon stories (Eli Draconis, though he doesn't have a story of his own yet), Scarlet from the first chapter has her own story in Knocked Up by the Werewolf, and more about the contract involving Lily Belle is mentioned in The Vampire's Christmas Baby, too.  Plus the app to get through the Infinity Gardens is mentioned in more detail in Knocked Up by the Vampire, so there's that, also. :)

If you want to check out more of my Steamydale stories, you can find up to date info on the Cherrylily site:

cherrylily.com/steamydale/