Evie - Bound Together

Life isn't just happiness and reading and cursed princes and...

I mean, it's some of those things, but there's also other stuff, you know?

Mainly, my father is in some serious debt and Eli Draconis is planning on taking my sister if he can't repay it.

Unless...

Once we eat breakfast and clean up and get dressed, Liam and I head outside. I walk to the edge of the manor garden, holding Liam's hand tight in mine.

"You can't leave the mansion grounds, right?" I ask just before we step outside. "At least not like this?"

"Usually," he says with a nod. "That's the crux of the curse. Except--"

He squeezes my hand tight and takes a step outside of the magical protective circle surrounding his manor. I can't exactly see it, but I can feel it as we go through. This time, though, Liam doesn't change. He's still human, still my Prince, still...

Mine.

"What, um, you're human?" I point out, Miss Obvious over here.

"Now that we're bound together, I can maintain my humanity as long as I stay close to you," he says, smirking at me.

"Bound together, meaning...?"

"You're carrying my child," he tells me. "You know, that whole heir thing we talked about?"

"Oh," I say, like this should be obvious. And then, um... "Oh! Shit! I'm pregnant? Sorry, um, I didn't mean it like that. I meant, um... yay... I'm pregnant!?"

Liam chuckles and rolls his eyes at me. "Yeah. Congrats, Evie."

"Congrats to you, too, I guess?"

"Thanks."

"My dad is going to be pissed, by the way," I let him know. "You just knocked up his baby girl. Good job."

"I don't know. I distinctly remember his 'baby girl' waking me up and riding my cock. She could've knocked herself up for all I know."

"Hey, don't try to wiggle your way out of this one, dude."

"There you go with the dude thing again," Liam says, rolling his eyes. "Do I look like a dude to you?"

"When you actually put clothes on, you look like a Prince. Maybe wear clothes more often?"

"With you around? Gonna be hard."

"Yeah, I expect you're going to be hard a lot when I'm around..." I say, grinning wide.

Sometimes I have good lines. Seriously, I can be pretty good at this!

"That... was impressive. And super cheesy," Liam says.

"Shush, you. I tamed you. You have to be nice to me."

"Of course, Princess," he says, offering me a silly bow.

"Shh, don't do that," I say, slapping the side of his arm. "Anyways, what are we doing?"

"Come," he says. "We're leaving the Infinity Gardens and taking care of business."