Chapter Seven - Falling For You

Mikan POV: I awoke from my soft bed and sat up. After sitting up in my bed, I felt that something was off. Something was different.

I checked my phone to see the time and it was 10 minutes until school! I had totally overslept!

I squeaked and jumped out of bed and got ready. Although I was starving, I didn't have time to make breakfast. I could wait until lunch.

I had to run all the way to school, since I had missed the bus. I kept picking up the pace as I set my foot down after each step. I was running so fast! I couldn't slow down!

As I was running on the sidewalk of my neighborhood, I tripped and fell straight onto the ground face-first.

"Ow!" I squeaked, tears falling down my cheeks as a result of the pain. I layed there, letting my tears soak the sidewalk. At this point, I was never making it to class on time.

"Mikan?" I heard a mysterious voice say. I looked up to see where the voice was coming from, to realize it was her.

"M-mikan! Are you alright?!" She rushed over to my side, reaching her hand out to me with a worried expression on her face.

Ibuki Mioda.

"I-ibuki..?" I said.

"Hey, it's alright, im here! Are you okay? You look like you took a hard tumble." She replied with a soothing voice, trying to cover up her worried face with a sweet and caring smile.

Y-yeah.. My legs hurt though.. I can't quite stand just yet." She shook her head in an understanding manner, and kneeled down to look at me. I sat up to reveal I had scraped my knees.

"Oh my, Mikan! Are you okay?!" She asked again.

"I-im fine.. I'll just b-bandage them up!" I told her. I searched through my backpack and grabbed some extra bandages I had kept just in case for accidents like these.

"No! You're hurt, let me do it for you." Ibuki took the bandages from my hand and started gently rapping my legs. She was surprisingly good at it.

I hadn't noticed it but I started to blush, realizing that she was caring enough to help me.She offered to help me up and now she was bandaging me up!

"There we go! All done! Do you feel any better?" She said after bandaging my knees.

"Y-yes! Thank you!" I was still blushing since she was kneeling over me, and she stayed in that position as I watched the expression on her face change. She started blushing as well.

"M-mikan.." She said, blushing.

"H-huh..?" I replied to her. I watched her tower over me, she was a blushing mess and so was I.

Then, she slowly started to lean towards me, our eyes locking and our faces coming close together. We were so close.. Almost touching. Smiling, she put her hand on my cheek. She leaned even closer in, and then k-

"Mikan!" I jumped to see Ibuki waving her hand in front of my face.

"You good? The bell rang a little bit ago, we're gonna be late to class! Also, are you okay? Your face is red." She asked me with a concerned face.

"Y-yeah, sorry! I-im fine. Let's head to o-our next c-class!" I said to her. She nodded in agreement, a smile covering her face as she took my hand. She skipped out the door and I followed beside her to our next period.

It had all been my imagination.

Ibuki POV: Mikan has been acting differently lately, and so have I. Not in a bad way, of course, but it seems that lately the only thing that I could think about was Mikan. The way she talked, acted, looked, I just couldn't get her off my mind! I don't know why, but I just couldn't! Whenever I was around her, I would blush and my heart would start beating really fast, it was crazy!

I silently gasped at the realization..

I was in love.. With Mikan Tsumiki.

---------------------

I apologize for the long wait of this next chapter! I have been unmotivated lately because of school, but I managed to get it out! Ill try to be writing more often, just understand if I can't. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!