Chapter Two - Friendships

Ibuki's POV: "Woooooow..!" I say to myself as I gaze upon the giant building known as Hopes Peak. I'm actually here! I'm enrolled as the Ultimate Musician, Ibuki Mioda.

I stare up at the building as my pink tie and black skirt dance in the wind. My hair floats with the small breeze, the sun shining down on me. If I stand here and stare any longer, I'll surely be late for class! I knew I'd have enough time to explore the new campus a bit, but I wanted to stay focused on getting to my class.

I walked into the building and saw the long interminable hallways. This place was huge! It seemed even bigger on the inside of the school! I could easily get lost in here.

I walked down the hallway and turned the corner to see more hallways, lockers and doors I'm assuming lead to classes. My plan was to stay focused on getting to my classes on time, but I was totally distracted! This place is so big and cool, it just seems so unreal!

As I daydream about the rest of the school, a kind looking girl with long purple hair bumped into me.

I watched as she tumbled to the ground. "A-ahh! I-I'm so sorry!" She apologized. I watched her as she sat on the ground, light pink blush covering her face from embarrassment. How adorable!

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked the shy girl before reaching my hand out to help her up.

"Y-yeah. I'm s-sorry!" the girl spoke as she grabbed my hand to lift herself off of the ground. The girl was about my height, and seemed to be a first-year.

"No need to apologize!" I assured her. "What's your name? I'm Ibuki Mioda, the Ultimate Musician!"

"M-my name is M-mikan Tsumiki. I'm the Ultimate Nurse!" She calmly tells me as her eyes sparkle.

Mikan Tsumiki? I thought to myself. You're absolutely adorable! Your stutter makes it hard not to find you so cute!

A white clock with a small black trim on the wall behind Mikan distracted me. I read it and realized we only had five minutes to get to class!

"Hey Tsumiki, we only have five minutes left. We should get heading to class!" I mentioned as she looked up to listen.

"O-oh, okay!" I heard her quietly say.

"I'll see you later!" I walked away waving, and took a turn. I believe I have science for the first period! That's room B-2, I believe. That should be-

"E-excuse me M-Mioda..?" I heard a hesitant voice from behind me. I turned to see Mikan fidgeting her fingers and shyly standing in front of me.

"Would you mind h-helping me find m-my class..? I-if you don't mind of course!" She exclaims.

"Of course, what class do you have?"

"S-science, class B-2."

"Sweet, so do I! You can follow me!"

"O-okay!"

We walk together down the hallway, trying to find our classroom. I look at each room number as we walk by.

As we walked, I felt something light on my hand. I realized it was Mikan. She was holding my hand! You really are the cutest, Tsumiki!

We soon found our class and walked in. We made it just in time! I found a desk in the middle of the room with two seats. I sat down and let Mikan sit next to me.

We both sat in our seats for about a minute before our teacher interrupted the silence.

"Good morning class, I'm your science teacher, Mrs. Mina." Our new teacher stated. "Today all of you start your first day of Hope's Peak Academy as Ultimates! We're so glad to have you all here!" She courageously told us. I saw a grin appear on her face as she took a look at all of the new students. I took a quick glance around the room to see some of the students.

I saw a short girl with long blonde pigtails sit in a desk not too far from me and Mikan. She wore a kimono and had cute little cat bows to hold her pigtails in place. She had light orange eyes, and a bit of light pink blush on her cheeks. She looks like a nice girl!

I looked to my right, and my eyes stumbled on a tall boy with white fluffy hair and a small smile across his face. He was wearing a white shirt and a green jacket on top. He looked very excited to be here! I wonder what his Ultimate is!

As I studied some of the other students, I listened to Mrs. Mina and the instructions she gave the class.

Mikan's POV: A-am I making friends? On the first day of school? I looked at Ibuki as she watched the teacher. I couldn't hear a single word Mrs. Mina told us, I was too distracted on Mioda. Her beautiful black hair with pink and blue highlights, her uniform, her mis-matched shoes. I couldn't stop looking at her. I blushed. Were we.. friends..? The thought of being friends with Ibuki made my heart flutter. Is this what it felt like to have friends, or was this something different? Was this feeling more than friendship?