Chapter Five - Is This a Date?!

Mikan's POV: I wake up to a loud ringing sound. I sit up in bed and stretch out my arms. I turned to my left and carefully turned off my alarm clock and stood up. Then I remembered, Ibuki was coming over! I walked towards my closet to get dressed into a casual outfit.

After getting dressed, brushing my teeth and brushing my hair, I went downstairs and sat on my couch. As I did, I was distracted by the clock next to my TV. It was.. 2:55?!

Ibuki was coming over in 5 minutes!

Did I look okay? Did the house look clean? Did I brush my hair enough this morning? A million thoughts crossed my mind as I heard the doorbell ring.

"H-hold on!" I squeaked, rushing over to the door. I carefully gripped the door handle, letting out a quiet sigh.

'Everything will be alright..' I assured myself

I opened the door to see Ibuki stand in the entrance. A smile formed on her face as she saw me, which made me blush a bit.

"O-oh, sorry! C-come in!" I held open the door for her as she walked in the house. I shut the door, locking it behind me.

"Wow, Mikan! Your house is realllyyyy nice!" she said in awe, her eyes wandering the room.

"T-thank you!" I blushed. She smiled in return and took a seat on my couch. I sat next to her.

"So, what should we do now?" Ibuki pondered. That was actually a good question, what should we do? I froze at the thought, not knowing how to answer.

Ibuki's POV: "So, what should we do now?" I asked Mikan. She just sat there, looking like she was deep in though.

Cute.

"There's a cafe a few minutes down the road." I mentioned. Mikan snapped back into reality, facing me.

"U-uh yeah! M-maybe we could g-go there..?"

"Sure!"

I got up from the comfortable couch and reached my hand out for Mikan to grab. Flustered, she reached for it and gently grabbed it. I felt her soft hand on mine as she lifted herself off of the couch.

She stood up, holding my hand for a few seconds as her mind left reality. Slowly turning into a tomato, she let go. I felt a pink tint dust my face as I quietly giggled to myself.

How could you be so adorable, Mikan?

"A-ah.. sorry Ibuki!" She struggled to say, her face slowly turning back to its original shade.

"It's alright!" I reassured her. Mikan walked over to the door, holding it open for me as I led her out to the cafe.

We walked towards the small cafe, which was closer than I thought! I watched as Mikan looked up at the building, dazzled. We walked through the doors of the structure and were welcomed by a kind-hearted employee.

I sat down at one of the tables, Mikan taking a seat after me.

A few minutes passed and we ordered our food. We got some fresh sushi, which looked delicious! As I looked up to face Mikan, I saw her looking into my eyes, a pink blush covering her face.

"Mikan, what's wrong?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"I-ibuki.."

I watched her struggle to make out a sentence, tripping over her words.

"I-I... are... Is-" I looked at her confused, as she finally spoke.

"Is this a... date..?"

---------------------------

Omg Im so sorry this took so long to get out! I've been so busy with school work and I'm loosing motivation, lol. I'm alive though! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this part of the story and I'll be trying to post more chapters soon!

I also apologize that this is kinda short, I just wanted to get a chapter out lol.