Allies

Caroline's POV
       I woke up, and Nik wasn't in bed. I felt a breeze coming into the room. I looked and the balcony doors were open. I got out of bed, and Put Nik's shirt that was on the floor on. I walked to the balcony, and Nik was looking over the garden. Our room is on the backside of the house, and it overlooked the whole garden. He was shirtless, and wearing his pajama pants.

   I put my arms around his waist, and said, " What are you thinking about?"

   He turned around in my arms, and said, " I forgot how peaceful it is here."

   I said, " How long has it been since you have been here last?"

   He said, " About 400 years for me. Rebekah, Kol, and Elijah have been here a couple times in the passed 200 years."

  I said, " Why haven't you come back here?"

   He said, " I just never felt at home here. New Orleans has been my home for 300 years."

    He growled, and I said, " Whats wrong?"

   He said, " Decart."

   He flashed into the room, and out of the room. I heard someone talking downstairs, not just anybody, Decart. I flashed downstairs, and into the foyer. Nik said, " What are you doing here, Decart?"

   Decart said, " My wife left me because of you. All because she doesn't want to kill you. What did you do to her?"

  Nik said, " Sorry to break it to you, mate. I haven't been out of this house, since we arrived here yesterday. I haven't seen your wife, since I turned her. Maybe she just was tired of ruining eternity trying to get revenge on someone, instead of living."

  Decart said, " You did something do her? Or one of your siblings did it?"

     Decart and Nik were getting dangerously close, and I stepped between them. I said, " That's enough."

   They both looked at me. Decart said, " This is none of your business, sweetie."

   I punched Decart in the gut, and he was in pain for a second. I said, " Don't call me sweetie."

   He said, " You shouldn't of done that."

  I said, " Or what? You think I'm scared of you."

   He said, " You should be, little girl."

    Nik said, " Caroline. Let us be. I can deal with him."

   I looked at Nik, and said, " No. I am not going to let you both fight over something you obviously didn't do, and neither did your siblings."

    I felt Decart moving towards me, and I lifted my hand. I heard him groan in pain. I turned around, and seen him on the ground, clutching his head, because of the aneurism I am causing.

   He struggled but said, " How?"

   I said, " Firstly, I'm not a little girl. Secondly, Nik, nor his siblings caused your wife to leave you. She just got tired of you wasting 700 years trying to kill an immortal hybrid, that can't die. Get over it. So, what he turned your wife, she is alive isn't she?"

   I let Decart go, and he stood up. He said, " How are you a witch?"

    I said, " I'm a vampiric witch. I have the powers of the Original witch, who casted the spell to make Vampires. I am stronger than any other witch."

   He said, " I didn't think you could be both vampire and witch."

  I said, " I can, and I am. Now, could you leave us alone."