Hula Skirts

Caroline's POV
      It has been three days, since I came back to life. Nik, and I haven't left our room, since. We have been busy. Anyway, I woke up, and Nik's arm was draped over my waist. I looked at him, and he was still sleeping.

   I slowly moved his arm from around my waist, and got out of bed, trying not to wake him up. I picked his shirt off the ground, and put it on. I looked at Nik, and he was still sleeping.

    I quietly left the room, and went downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge and drank it. I grabbed another and walked out of the kitchen, and through the hallway, to the courtyard.

   Kol was standing in the middle of the courtyard, and said, " Ah! So, you are actually living. We thought something bad happened with not seeing either of yous for the past three days."

   I rolled my eyes, and seen Bekah, Elijah, Davina, and Stefan sitting in the courtyard. Bekah said, " Where is Nik?"

  I said, " He is sleeping. I had to get us blood."

   Stefan said, " Will you and Klaus be coming out of the room today? Or what?"

   I said, " Don't know, yet."

  I walked to the stairs, and Elijah stopped me. He walked over to me, and said, " Thank you, Caroline."

   I said, " For what?"

  He said, " For making Niklaus happy, again. I haven't seen him smile, the way he did three days ago, since before you died."

   I said, " He is complicated. He just couldn't get over the fact that I was dead, and possibly coming back, but I am back now, and don't plan on leaving."

  He nodded, and I went up the stairs, and to our room. I walked inside the room, and Nik was pacing around the room.

   He stopped, when he seen me. He had a worried expression on his face. I said, " Nik. What's wrong?"

   He said, " Nothing. I'm fine. Where'd you go?"

  I said, " I went to get blood. Then your siblings stopped me in the courtyard."

   He looked me up and down, and said, " My siblings seen you like that. Wearing just my shirt."

   I said, " Yeah, so did Kat, Davina, and Stefan. There's nothing to be worried about."

   He sighed and walked over to me. I gave him the blood bag and he drank it. He still seemed tense. I put my hand on his bicep and said, " Whats wrong? Don't say nothing, cause you seem tense. Tell me the truth."

    He said, " When I woke up alone, I thought the past 3 days was a dream, and you were still dead. I am just worried that if I let you out of my sight, you will disappear."

    I put my hand on his cheek, and said, " Nik, I won't disappear. Don't worry. I will always be here with you from now on. There is no getting rid of me. If the past three days were a dream, then it was a damn good one."

   He lightly chuckled, and looked into my eyes. He pulled me to him, and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and said, " We should get dressed. I would like to catch up with the girls. I was going to the day I got back, but we were sort of busy."

   He smirked and said, " I can't help what you do to me, my love. I missed you, so much. 8 months, is a long time without you."

   I said, " I know. You showed me just how much you missed me, just like I showed you how much I missed you. You always say one day is a long time without me."