Chapter 3: Never disturb a lady's beauty sleep

*Chapter 3*

~Mateas~

》Never disturb a lady's beauty sleep.《

I bit my lip as I showed the torchlight to her eyes. I couldn't wait anymore. I wanted answers. She yelled as the light fell in her eyes, and swung her arms around. I gave a loud yelp, and fell over the edge of the bed.

"Hey! You're up!" She scowled at me as I said it, and then pulled the covers back over her head. I laughed at her.

She fell asleep in the cab yesterday, and I couldn't just leave her alone like that. There was no option but to bring her to the apartment. But I did notice something about her.

On her back, which was clearly shown due to the odd designing of her clothing, was a huge tattoo of wings. They were beautiful, and dark. Just who was this woman?

"Wake up! Wake up, wake up!" The sheets were yanked off of her again, and my eyes came in front of hers. She snarled, and curled my fingers in a fist. I barely had time to react as she struck it in my face.

"Ow! What was that for?" I landed on the ground with a thud again, and she pulled the covers up again. I groaned, rubbing at my poor nose.

"I was asleep!" She pushed the covers down while yelling, her hair falling all over my face. She pushed it to the side, and took a good look at me.

What she would see would be a marvelous sight. My eyes were a deep aqua, like she was staring into a deep freshwater pool. Black spiky hair stood up all over the place, even falling on my face. I had a nice face, with a soft tan color. I was beautiful and I knew it.

"I couldn't be patient anymore. Who are you?" I looked into her eyes, and I felt unnerved. There was something off about her. But what?

"Didn't I tell you that already? My name is Lyna." I stood up, and sat on the bed next to her. She moved away, and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I realized that. You aren't from... here. This kingdom, are you? Your clothing is different. Your accent is different. You have an odd vibe to you." I looked at her eyes as I said that. She nodded, and sighed.

"I'm not from here. Where is here anyway?" She looked around, realizing that she was in an apartment. My amazing apartment. My secret.

"This is the kingdom of Krocus." I said, my tone going slightly cold. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"And you're the prince. Let me guess. You're running away from being crowned king. Or maybe one of your 100 brothers is trying to kill you for the throne." I chuckled at that, and looked at her. She looked heavily disheveled. What was wrong?

"The first option was correct. I'm the only child. And I don't want to be king... not just yet." I looked down and smiled, and she nodded. Maybe she knew how it felt when you were given a sudden burden. Maybe she knew how it was when the world just couldn't understand you.