Chapter 6: Kidnapping the Captain

*Chapter 6*

~Mateas~

》Kidnapping the Captain《

Time moved in slow motion. Everything slowed down. Nora wouldn't stop counting, and Lyna simply stood still. Waiting.

Why wasn't she fighting back? Was it because she didn't have enough energy? Enough power? Would she die?

I couldn't let that happen. But what should I do? If I pulled Nora's arm back, she might pull the trigger on Lyna on accident. If I summoned a blade, it would cause a loud commotion, drawing attention.

Nora was on her last count when Lyna opened her eyes, and I froze. Her eyes were blood red. The same color as Oblivion's red eye, without the black covering. The tips of her hair changed into the same color, and I didn't budge.

What happened to her?

She pushed the gun from Nora's hand as soon as she pulled the trigger, making the bullet fly into the wall behind her. Nora pulled her fist back, and just when she was about to strike, Lyna caught her hand.

I've never been scared of anyone before. Not even Oblivion, who I was angry at. But this one... was something else.

I was frightened.

She pulled Nora forwards, and struck her elbow right at her neck. Nora gasped, and then fell down senseless.

"Don't make me angry." She looked down at Nora, and then crossed her arms. I simply blinked at her.

"Is she dead?" I looked down at Nora, but could clearly see her chest move regularly. I sighed in relief, and put my hands up at Lyna.

"Now I see why he wanted you on his side." She smirked at me, and then her eyes returned to their deep violet color, along with the tips of her hair. I put my hands down, and looked at Nora again.

"What do we do with her?" She was about to answer me when the doorbell ran again. Her eyes widened, and she looked into my eyes. She glanced at Nora, and then indicated the room behind me. I nodded, and she ran to answer the door.

I heard her talk to someone outside, and began dragging Nora inside by the arms. I set her on the floor, and then summoned a blade. Who knew who it would be this time?

Standing ready at the door, I tightened my grip on the blade handle. This time, I would fight back. This time, I wouldn't be a bystander.

I heard footsteps, and closed my eyes. Judging by how was it was coming, they would reach the room in a few seconds.

On feeling the slight breeze that came along with someone's movement, and the loudness of the footsteps, I struck. I opened my eyes, and regretted my decision.

"Um..." My blade was just a little distance from her neck, almost piercing her skin. Lyna blinked at me, and then put her hands up.

"I surrender?" She did look pale, and about to fall. Shoot, I was about to cut her head off, simply because I was on edge.