Chapter 4: Someone called Oblivion

*Chapter 4*

~Lyna~

》Someone called Oblivion.《

"So you're telling me... that he told you there was a war coming?" We were just finishing with dinner, and washing the dishes.

It took him quite long to understand everything about being a devil, and what exactly the void was. There was also the matter of Zyan...

He listened to it all. No judgments. No complaints. No interruptions. Just a comfortable presence, and a warm hand. He was something like Cassian and Kieran, my brothers, mixed in one.

"Yes. I don't even know how he got into the void in the first place. No one knows how to get in there." I set my plate on the side, and moved my hair away from my face with my wrist.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye, only to see that he was looking at me too.

"And he wanted you to join his cause?" He wiped his hands on a spare towel, and leaned against the counter. We were now standing opposite to each other, leaning on the counters.

"Yes." Come to think of it, it didn't seem like a mere coincidence. It couldn't be a mere coincidence. There were too many things that added up together.

I said it aloud, and his eyebrows furrowed. He looked down and nodded.

"First, Zyan died. Any person would be able to guess the emotions that came after. Either rage, or emptiness.

They must've searched for any trace of a large number of sudden deaths, or dead worlds. Those were the cases that would've happened if I was angry. But they wouldn't have found anything.

Then, he came to the void. He clearly knew how to, it was just a matter of what timing to come at. What timing would be the best to convince me to join. What wording were the best to have thinking.

He came after Zyan's death. Convincing me when Zyan was alive would be entirely impossible.

Finally, he wanted me on his side.

Why? Because I couldn't die? Because I could wipe out an entire army with ease? Those are simple reasons.

For someone who had everything planned out, the reason shouldn't be a simple one..." I went on, and bit my lip as I thought over it. Mateas looked at me with raised eyebrows, and then looked to the side.

"What did he look like again? Any distinguishing features?" He seemed to be getting more tensed by the minute. I thought over it. There was no way I could forget how he looked.

"He had white hair... and one red eye and one blue eye." I pointed at my eyes as I talked about his eyes, and Mateas lost all the color on his face. His hand went back to the counter and his breathing slowed down.