chapter 3 - tw!abuse&drunk

She had no idea what was in store for her.

I woke up for school at my usual time. I sighed and got out of bed and grabbed my outfit I laid out. I changed and brushed my hair and teeth. I did slight makeup and put my shoes on. I grabbed my book bag and walked downstairs. I found my dad asleep on the couch and Madi and Colby eating breakfast. I smiled softly, they were my favorite people in my family because they understood me the most. I was about to sit down when I heard a knock on the door so I walked over to the door and opened it, to my surprise it was Brendon. I gulped and went to shut the door but was cut off by him saying, "It's a bit rude to shut the door on your best friend" "You are not my best friend, you know that" I said with a small growl. Thats when he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. "Stop playing around Molly" He said. I didn't hug back, I froze and began to shake a bit. "Brendon!" Madi yelled happily. Brendon let go of me and hugged her softly, they had always been close and Madi always thought that me and Brendon would get married one day. "Molls said you guys weren't friends anymore" Madi said as she pulled away. "She is so silly huh?" Brendon said before looking over at me and winking. "Wow dude, you've really grown up" Colby said. "Thank you" Brendon said slyly. "What is all this nois-Brendon?!" My mom said happily and pulled him into a tight, warm, and welcoming hug. I sighed and sat down watching all of this happen, it was good to have Brendon back but I knew he was only messing with me.

Brendon ended up driving me, Madi and Colby to school that day. "Hey Molls, stay in the car with me a little bit longer" Brendon said before Madi and Colby left. "You like having me back huh? It makes you feel whole, right? Right" He said with a chuckle. "I hope it breaks your heart when you realize I only wanted to see your family. I want nothing to do with you Molly" He said hugging me to make sure Madi and Colby thought he was flirting with me or who knows. I saw Madi smile and clap before she walked into school with Colby. Then I got out of the car and ran inside the school, I ran into the bathroom and puked. I was so stressed and sad that I couldn't hold it back anymore. I went to the nurse and was sent home, thank god I wouldn't have to see Brendon for the rest of the day.

Once I was home I changed into joggers and a hoodie that I stole from Colby, he was a senior and was ready to get out of here. We lived in Kansas and he hated it, well he hated not being in his dream state. I knew Colby wasn't happy here and I knew one day he would move and I would have to care for my little sister all by myself, sure my mom helps but she works all the time and my dad is just a drunk. I sighed and curled into a ball on my bed. Speaking of my dad, I heard a banging on my bedroom door and ignored it. "LET ME IN GODDAMMIT" He yelled through the door before kicking it down. He walked over to me and hit me until I was covered with bruises. I sobbed and curled into my ball again trying to protect myself. I shut my eyes and went to my happy place.

~flashback/happy place~

Me, Mom, Dad and Colby were walking along the beach. I was 6 and Colby was 7. Madi was 3 and couldn't walk to well so Mom was holding her. Dad picked me up and put me on his shoulders and ran to the water. I giggled and held onto him as Colby chased after us. Soon the three of us were in the water splashing and laughing. Mom watched and laughed as she held Madi before she got into the water slowly. At the end of the day we got Ice cream and watched the sunset. I laid my head in my dad's chest and smiled softly as he held onto me and Colby. Madi cooed and he pulled her into the cuddle. My mom took a picture and huge it up, only for it to be smashed years later.

~end of flashback/happy place~

When I came back from my happy place he was gone. I was covered in bruises and blood. I sighed and got up. I started a bath and sunk in after it was filled and I was undressed.

I felt so alone and so unloved.