CHAPTER TWELVE

Annabelle was leaning against Reggie's shoulder. Luke and Reggie were strumming on their guitars and Alex was tapping his drum sticks on his thigh. "Look, we add the echoes during the chorus then when Julie comes in with the melody. . It's gonna sound perfect," Luke smiled. The Mercer siblings and Reggie shared a look before they heard a thud from outside the garage doors. Annabelle turned to see a long haired boy with a helmet on peeking through the window, "Who the fu - -"

"Again? What's that all about?" Reggie asked. Alex sighed, "I don't know." With that, he poofed out. Annabelle adjusted so she was looking up at her boyfriend, "Who was that?"

"That - - that was Willie. He's been following us around ever since - -" Reggie gave Luke a warning look, telling him not to say what he was about to, "He's just been following us around ever since Alex introduced us to him."

Annabelle huffed before she waited a couple seconds then poofed out so she was standing beside Alex outside, the long haired boy in front of them. He was very tan with chocolate colored eyes and a defined jawline. He was tall, definitely and he had a skateboard at his side. "Who's this?" Willie asked Alex.

Annabelle furrowed her brows together and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm Alex's older sister. Who are you?" Alex placed an arm in front of Annabelle to keep her from walking towards Willie any further.

"I gotta go," Willie sighed before he got onto his skateboard and poofed away. Annabelle turned to her brother. "Care to tell me what's been going on? Why do you look so hurt?" She asked.

"It's nothing, Belle." Alex tried to convince her as he tried to walk past her, but she hit his shoulder and sent him back a few steps. "What the hell, Annabelle?"

"What's wrong?" Annabelle asked her younger brother, trying to get an actual answer out of him. "It's none of your business, all right? Stay out of it." Alex told her angrily, making Annabelle bite the inside of her cheek and then poof away, leaving Alex to face palm and pinch the part between his eyebrows.

Just then, Luke and Reggie came out of the garage, seeing that both Willie and Annabelle were gone. "Hey, where's Annabelle?" Luke asked, confused. Alex looked at his friends and sighed.

When Annabelle had popped back to the Molina household, the backyard was filled with strangers and other adults

When Annabelle had popped back to the Molina household, the backyard was filled with strangers and other adults. It surprised her and she took a couple steps back, proceeding to get walked through by teenagers with red solo cups in their hands. "The heck?" Annabelle mumbled. She was then startled by the sound of Flynn's voice booming on a microphone, "What's up, everybody? Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from Julie and The Phantoms."

Ah, they were going to perform a song. Annabelle really needed to pay attention more. As Julie began to sing and her boys appeared, Annabelle teleported to stand beside Flynn right in the front. She watched as Julie avoided Luke, singing with Reggie mostly and avoiding eye contact with Luke. Julie sent Annabelle a wink, making the blonde ghost smile and shake her head. As the song came to an end, Luke made his way to sit on the piano bench with Julie. Reggie and Alex disappeared from the crowd's view, but Julie and Luke sang the last lyrics before he disappeared from their view too.