CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Annabelle sat on Alex's stool behind his drum set, twirling the sticks in between her fingers. She released a sigh before she began to drum a random beat, letting herself get lost in the way she knew Alex let his anger loose and she could tell why. When she finished, she opened her eyes to see her boys sitting in front of her on the couch. She gave them a faint smile as she set Alex's sticks down and then pulling up a chair to the other side of the coffee table.

"We know you're mad." Luke told her. "And we are really, super sorry that we didn't tell you sooner, Belle. We were scared of how you were going to react. But ever since we died, it's like you barely spend any time with us. You would think that one of us being your boyfriend, one of us being your brother and all three of us being your best friends and that we're dead that you would spend all of your time with us. But we also get that you want to see things in your own way - - in a way you couldn't see them when you were alive. So we should come clean about everything."

"The day of the school dance we went to Bobby's house and probably traumatized him." Reggie spoke up, a small chuckle leaving his girlfriend's lips. "We blew out candles, turned on a shower, wrote on the foggy mirror and even mooned him even if he couldn't see us. That was the night we went to Caleb's club. We just wanted to get some sort of revenge, but it ended up costing us the possibility of doing this - - living in a different way - - for much longer. Alex wanted to tell you that night, but we didn't let him. Because like Luke said, we were scared of how you would react."

"We love you, Belle." Alex told his sister. "I know it isn't fair. I know, Luke knows, Reggie knows. We're sorry we didn't tell you. But now you know, and now you can help us because even if you hate us sometimes, you love us more than you hate us. Especially me, because I get special treatment since I'm your baby brother."

Annabelle couldn't help but laugh at Alex's way of apologizing. "Okay, okay. I forgive you guys, no matter how much you guys screwed up. I'll help in any way I can." The boys gave her a look as if they were waiting for her to say something else. She sighed. "And I won't tell Julie." Cheering, the boys ran to her and tackled her, making all four of them fall to the ground with the chair.

"Idiots."

Reggie had been sitting with Ray at the dining room table, looking at the pictures on Ray's laptop

Reggie had been sitting with Ray at the dining room table, looking at the pictures on Ray's laptop. "Ooo, I like that one! It has a great composition, buddy." Reggie said, even if Ray couldn't hear him. Alex then popped up beside Reggie, sighing loudly, "What're you doing?"

"Eh, I needed a pick-me-up, and hanging with Ray always does the trick." Reggie nodded to himself, pointing to Ray who was absolutely silent.

"I - - does Anna - - does it?" Alex asked, wondering why Reggie was with Ray whenever he literally had a girlfriend. "Okay." Carlos then came into the room, "Dad, I have a ghost update." Alex pointed to Carlos, "Okay, this might be interesting."

"Really? Come on Carlos, we've talked about this." Ray told Carlos. Carlos looked at his dad, "I know you're not a believer, but I want you to listen to this."