CHAPTER TWO

Annabelle banged her head against the black wall of the dark room repeatedly, eventually deciding to leave it there and still. "I thought that when you died you go to heaven or hell. This. . This is neither!" Annabelle shouted angrily, banging her head again.

The dark room was strictly just four black walls with a single lightbulb hanging from the middle of the ceiling. She can only guess that they were in limbo - - their souls managing to get lost. It was ironic to her considering the fact that when they were alive they would always get lost together anyways. This, however, was a whole other situation.

"Annabelle, I get that you're angry, but banging your head against the world and yelling for the millionth time is not going to help anything!" Luke shouted at his friend, causing her head to snap towards him and her eyes to narrow. A look of fear immediately crossed Luke's features. "Or maybe it will."

"Can someone please quiet Alex down." Reggie grumbled from the floor he was laying down on. His face was half stuffed in his leather jacket that he was using as a pillow. "Like, I don't know, his sister!" Reggie yelled.

"Well if you have such a grand idea, why don't you do it, Reginald?" Annabelle shouted back at him.

"Can we all just please stop arguing and be nice to each other?" Alex asked, taking a break from his weeping to speak. His sister and friends immediately narrowed their eyes at him and began to not shout at each other, but to him, all at once. Alex rolled his eyes and stuffed himself back into the corner he stuck to.

After about twenty minutes, they had stopped shouting at each other and were all in a circle in the middle of the floor. Well, Alex was still in his corner crying, but they had come to the conclusion that he wasn't going to stop so they had to get used to it one way or another. "Do you guys think we're gonna get out of here somehow?" Annabelle asked, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Probably." Reggie responded. "Maybe just not anytime soon."

Reggie scooted closer to Annabelle and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her into him. She released a soft sigh as she leaned into him happily. Even if she was stuck in a dark room that held nothing but one another, she was glad that she still had the only family she had left with her. Suddenly, the land below them began to crumble. Annabelle's eyes immediately went to her brother and she stood and ran to his side, the floor falling down behind her with every last step she took. Before the floor completely gave out, she managed to wrap her arms around Alex.

The four teenagers screamed in fear as they seemed to fall for what felt like forever. Eventually, they landed on the ground, all collapsing on one another. They groaned in pain, all clutching their stomachs. "Annabelle get the heck off of me," Luke groaned, pushing the Mercer girl off of him and making her fall on the floor between him and Reggie. As they managed to stand up, they looked around the room with confusion. They were back in the band's old studio, but it had been decorated and refurnished - - it didn't look like the band's anymore. "Woah.. woah.. how did we get back here?" Luke asked as he pointed to the ceiling.

It was then they noticed a girl who looked about fifteen standing in front of them, the girl immediately screaming in fear at the sight of the four - - now - - ghosts. Being equally as scared of her random presence, the four of them screamed again and huddled up together. When they started to scream back, the girl ran and left the garage. They soon calmed down while she was gone and Annabelle let out a huge sigh. "Are we - - are we back at y'alls studio?" Annabelle asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, we are." Alex confirmed. "But how? I'm one hundred percent sure we're dead." Annabelle furrowed her brows and tried to run through her younger brother but only ended up crashing into him and causing them both to fall back to the ground. "You idiot! We're both dead!"