CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Annabelle stood on the other side of the piano in between her brother and boyfriend. "Julie and I were thinking we'd start with Stand Tall," said Luke from the other side of the piano, circling the name several times.

"Perfect."

"Sounds good."

"Sounds good?" Luke asked. "Dude, wake up! I wanna hear, it sounds awesome! I know this isn't how we wanted things to turn out, but we gotta be all in tonight. This is our second chance at playing the Orpheum!"

"I... I get it, I get it, but it's hard." Reggie stumbled over his words. "Do we even know what's on the other side when we cross over? Do we all still get to hang together? You. .You guys are the only family I have."

"Yeah, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen either, but. . it's not like we have a choice." Alex told him.

Annabelle looked at her boyfriend who then wrapped his arms around her from behind, putting his head on her shoulder as he savored the way she felt in his arms. He couldn't process the fact that this would all be gone within a couple of hours. The jolts then ran through the ghosts, Reggie letting go of Annabelle as quick as possible so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain. But Annabelle felt as though the pain of the one jolt she had felt was nothing compared to what she was going to feel when her boys were gone. "I'm pretty sure we do. And it rhymes with the Hollywood Ghost Club." Reggie groaned.

The doors to the garage then opened and in came Julie. "Are you ready?" She scanned their tense expressions. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah. We just got rocked pretty hard by one of those jolt things." Alex told her as the ghosts walked up to her.

"Pretty sure I ghost peed a little." The Mercer siblings gave Reggie a look before they looked back at Julie.

"But we're fine." Luke sighed. "How about you, Jules? How are you feeling? You ready?" Annabelle asked her.

"Actually, guys, I'm a little nervous. Luke, uh, can I talk to you for a second?" Julie asked, Luke nodding and following her to the garage doors.

"Alex." Annabelle whispered. Alex turned to his older sister. "You guys are gonna cross over and I'm gonna be here all alone so I thought that you should keep this." Annabelle handed him a necklace that had a charm of a silver pair of ballet shoes. "I kind of stole it from a shop, but no one is gonna notice. I just thought it would be a good way for you to remember your big sis."

Alex didn't say anything. Instead, he took his sister into his arms and held her tight. He knew that he would have to leave her behind when they crossed over, but it wasn't anything he was okay with. It hurt. It hurt like hell. "I love you. Do you know that?" Annabelle sniffled, tears falling onto her brother's shoulder. Alex took a breath, his eyes squeezing shut, "I love you too."

When they pulled away, Annabelle looked to Reggie and Reggie wrapped his arms around her neck, pulling her in so her face was on his chest. She couldn't hear a heartbeat, but it was the sense of security that made her feel warm inside.

"Guys, band circle!" Luke called. They all went to the middle of the garage, Annabelle holding Reggie and Luke's hands. "We don't know what brought us here, but. . what we do know is, you're a star, Julie. And just because this is our last night together, it doesn't mean we won't be watching you from above. . or. ." Luke nodded down to the floor, making everyone chuckle. "Now let's go rock this show. Let's give 'em a night they'll be talking about 'til the sun comes up. Legends on three." He put his hand in the center.

"One." Reggie put his hand in.

"Two." The Mercer siblings put their hands in.

"Three." Julie put hers.