Part 3:

[Gemma's POV]

I went upstairs to find Wanda and Natasha, putting on boxing gloves and setting up the punching bag. 'Hey girl!' Natasha said to me. 'You ready to kick my ass?' She added, laughing.
'Hell yeah!' I laughed back. I put on some gloves and Natasha began to teach me some boxing moves, standing behind the bag, she directed me, while Wanda stood on the other side of the room practising using her powers.

After we were done with boxing Natasha and I jumped in the ring and got started with some hand to hand combat. I had gotten a lot better at this recently. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Wanda making balls of her telekinesis power and throwing it at the target board and I got distracted, and with that Natasha threw a kick and knocked me onto the floor.

'Focus Gem!' She shouted, giving me a hand up. 'I think that will do for today.' She patted me on the back as she got out of the ring and I went over to where Wanda was. She was using her powers to float and was currently lying on her back mid air. I leant against the wall and she looked down to me. 'Gemma, want to come up?' She asked gesturing to me. She had done this before and it was terrifying, she used her powers to make me fly. 'No, no no,' I assured 'last time was the first and last time!' She lowered herself down to face me. 'What's it like having powers?' I asked her softly and I sat down on the floor. She sat down next to me,
'It's weird, I didn't always have powers. It was something my brother and I wanted to do together.' She responded quietly.

Wanda didn't often talk about her brother. I had never met him, but I knew they were close. I put my head on her shoulder. 'Sometimes I wish I didn't have powers though. Be normal you know. But then I wouldn't have gotten the best little sister I could have ever asked for.' She nudged my shoulder and I laughed softly. We were then interrupted by F.R.I.D.A.Y over the intercom, 'Miss Dalton Stark, Mr Stark is ready for your lunch in the west dining room.' I was confused, we rarely used the west dining room except for special occasions.

I went upstairs to the west dining room where dad had gotten burgers delivered. 'Yes!' I shouted and sat down next to dad. Burgers were my favourite. I went to tuck into my burger when I saw an envelope in front of my plate on the table, addressed to me. I put the burger down and looked at dad, who looked like he was about to explode from excitement. 'Dad what is this?' I picked up the envelope and ran my finger over my name. 'Open it and see.' He replied, eating one of his fries. I opened the letter so see it was a printed off email that read:

'Dear Mr Dalton,
     We would love to welcome your daughter, Gemma to our junior class here at Midtown School of Science and Technology. From the transcripts you sent us and recommendations, she looks like a wonderful asset to our community. The semester starts on the 19th of September and we look forward to meeting Gemma. Please inform her to go to student services to collect her schedule and meet her student guide at 8 am on the first day.'

I stopped reading after that. School? I wasn't even allowed to leave the house and now dad wanted me to go to school? I wasn't really a fan of the idea. I hadn't been to school in nearly 10 years. I looked up to see dad staring at me, waiting to see my reaction. 'Dad... I...'
'You don't seem pleased Gem.' He interrupted, a bit deflated,
'It's just, why do I need to go to school, I'm already going to know everything and I'm fine here...' He cut me off,
'Gemma.' He started, this couldn't be good. Peanut, monkey, hon and Gem were pretty much the only things he ever called me. 'I know I've been very overprotective, but I think it's time you get a bit of a life,' He stood up, 'You need friends, and if you want to go to college you're going to need to know how to interact with other people other than us.' He started pacing.

'I don't need to! Why now? Why when I wanted to go to school I wasn't allowed and now I don't, you're making me?' I shouted. Dad turned around in shock, not going to lie, I shocked myself. I think this was the first time I had raised my voice at dad. 'I'm sorry.' I said quietly and put my head in my hands. Dad sat down next to me again and took one of my hands in his. 'It's alright hon, its a big change and I know I haven't really given you a lot of choice, but this will be good for you! And Nat says your training sessions have been going really well so you can defend yourself if you need to.' I looked up to meet his gaze and smiled softly, 'You're right. I guess it will be fun. Easy, but fun.' Dad laughed and so did I.

'Also! Look on the bright side, you're going to need new clothes! You can't wear joggers and hoodies everyday to school,' He laughed, and I looked down at my outfit; he was right, 'You can go out shopping after lunch, I'll have Happy drop you off a couple blocks away and you can go out into the world by yourself for a few hours yeah?'

'Sounds like a plan, as long as I get you're credit card right?' I replied with a cheeky smile, and dad let out a chuckling sigh,
'Ah Gem never change.' And we hugged. I guess the real world wouldn't be so bad.