Part 20:

[Gemma's POV]

I checked my phone as I made the walk to the Park, I had a message from Peter and 2 from dad:

[Spidey Boy]
Hey Gem, I'm here just by
the pond :) <3

[IronDad]
Gemma please come back,
where are you? Xo

[Iron Dad]
I'm sorry, Gem. I just want to
know if you're okay xo

I was almost at the park so I decided not to reply to Peter as I'd see him in a minute and I didn't know how to reply to dad. He lied to me for years and Nat obviously knew, but who else? Who else had been lying to me?

I got to the pond and I could see Peter. He ran up to me and hugged me, 'Gem, I was worried. You didn't respond to my text and I thought you'd been kidnapped or something! This place is really in the middle of nowhere.' His worrying was sweet, I buried my head deep into his neck, he made me feel so much better already. Peter pulled away from me, still holding my shoulders, 'Gem what's wrong?' He asked, his eyebrows were scrunched together in the cute way that they do and his lips were pursed, so much so they were practically non-existent. How did I tell him I have powers without telling him about dad? I didn't want not to tell him.

We sat on a bench together overlooking the pond. 'You know in the park yesterday, when it was raining but we weren't getting wet?' Peter looked at me confused,
'Yeah?' he answered, still confused,
'That was me, apparently. My dad just told me that I have powers.' I continued, I explained everything to him, about dad, being a Stark, the locket, Mom. All of it. 'Wow...' Peter gasped once I was finished, reaching over to hold my hand,
'Yeah.' I sighed, still in disbelief myself. We sat in silence for a while before Peter took out the locket from his bag.
'I guess all of that explains why when I hold this for too long I feel like I'm going to pass out.' He passed me the locket and I opened it to see the photos of my parents. 'Is that your mom?' He asked, putting his arm around me, I nodded and cried into his shoulder. I missed her now more than ever. I didn't know what to do.

When I had stopped crying, Peter kissed my forehead and held me tight. 'So how do you feel about all this? Having powers and all?' He asked, this was the first anyone had asked me this, through this whole ordeal. I looked at him, his eyes were so kind and reassuring. I was so glad I had him. 'I'm okay I suppose, I don't have to keep them after all. But I feel like this is something I need to do. For my mom you know?' I took a deep breath and gulped back the tears.
'Yeah I get it, and you know I'm here for you Gem.' He said. I stood up abruptly, and pulled Peter up with me. 'You okay?' He asked confused,
'Yeah. I just figured before I decide I should at least try use these powers, right?' I sniffed, Peter smiled at me and we faced each other.
'Do you have any idea how to use them?' Peter asked, looking down at my hands. I bit my lip,
'No... not a clue. Dad just said they were tied to my emotions.' This made sense, the first time they surfaced, that I remembered, was when I kissed Peter in the park yesterday and the time after when Nat was about to throw a punch. Peter took my hand and lead me up to the pond, 'Well then, Stark,' I liked my new nickname, 'let's see what you've got.' Peter said smirking at me, 'Freeze it!' He said enthusiastically with a childlike grin on his face.

I stood up the the pond and thought about some of the peaks in my emotion. My first kiss with Peter on Thursday, when mom died... I didn't know if thinking about such different emotions would work but anything was worth a try. I held out my hand, closed my eyes and thought about it all, everything. I took a deep breath and felt that feeling from my hand again like I did earlier with Nat, kind of a tingling sensation and it was marvellous. I opened my eyes and the pond was freezing over, a glinting silver beam coming out of my hand, Peter was staring in awe. It felt pretty amazing to have powers, and it was only the beginning.