Part 23:

[Peter's POV]

I was about to go over to the Avengers Facility to spend the evening with Gem, it was our 1 month anniversary and I wanted to show her how much she means to me and just how happy she makes me. I stopped by a florist and bought a bunch of red roses, they were her favourite. I also stopped and got her her favourite chocolates and a card with a cute puppy on it. Inside I wrote:

        Dear Gem,
        This past month with you has been amazing, you make me so happy and
        I can't     wait to spend so many more months with you!

        I love you

        Love, your Spidey boy xoxo

Perfect! Neither of us had ever said I love you before, but I really did love her. I just prayed she felt the same way.

I began the rather long way over to the facility, swinging more carefully than usual so as not to damage the flowers I had got Gemma. When I arrived, I took the chocolates and card out of my rucksack, holding them and the flowers in my hands. I scanned my eye on the scanner next to the door, 'Welcome Peter Parker.' F.R.I.D.A.Y said and the door opened gently.
'Hello?' I called out, no answer, I went into the kitchen to see Mr Stark and Thor sat at the island.
'Oh kid, I forgot you were coming over.' Mr Stark sighed, rubbing his eyes with his hand.
'Mr Stark, what happened?' I said in a more serious tone than usual, I had a bad feeling.

Mr Stark filled me in on what had happened with Gemma about an hour ago, and her almost bringing the whole facility down. I felt so bad for her, she didn't ask for any of this, and she didn't know how to handle any of it. I ran upstairs to her room and tapped on the door, 'Gem?' I pushed the door open slightly, she was sat in her bed cradling her legs with her head in her knees, she looked up at me slowly. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, she looked broken.

I put her presents down on her dresser, jumped on the bed to sit next to her and put my arms around her. 'Hey! Hey, it's okay.' I held her close and kissed the top of her head, seeing her this upset broke my heart.
'So dad told you.' She said not in her usual bubbly tone, but tired and fed up.
'Yeah.' I breathed and she looked up at me, her eyes glassy with tears, and leant her head on my chest.
'Peter, I could have hurt everyone.' She cried and I hugged her tighter.
'Gem, it's not your fault at all! Nobody is upset or blames you, they're just worried.' I tried to reassure her.
'I just don't know what to do.' She said under her breath.

'Well luckily I do.' I said confidently, I stood up and held out my hands, but she looked up at me like I was crazy, 'Just trust me.' I smiled softly, she took my hands and I pulled her up to stand with me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and plugged it into Gemma's speaker and put on her favourite song. 'What are you doing Peter?' She asked me without patience,
'We are going to dance.' I dragged her to a space in her room and started swaying her arms around and spinning her and she let out a small laugh. We danced in her room to her favourite song on repeat until I could see her natural, not at all forced, beautiful smile.

After about 5 minutes she started singing along to the lyrics and I joined in with my off-key singing which made her laugh, which in turn made me laugh, like I had said before, her laugh was so infectiously wonderful. After we had listened to the song maybe 6 times, she wrapped arms around my neck and hugged me tightly, before pulling away a bit to give me a short but meaningful kiss.

There was my Gemma, smiling.

I couldn't wait to tell her in the card, 'I love you, Gemma.' I said with only a tiny wobble in my voice. I hoped she hadn't noticed. She smiled an even bigger smile,
'I love you too, Peter.' I smiled too, the broadest smile I ever had and picked her up and spun her around causing her to giggle. I put her down and ran to her dresser to give her the card and presents.
'I did want to tell you for the first time in the card, but I couldn't wait.' I handed her all of the gifts and she looked at me dismayed. 'Happy one month, Stark.'
'I didn't get you anything though!' She looked upset again,
'You didn't need to! I just wanted to.' She looked as though she felt bad, looking down at the presents and then back at me,
'You really are amazing you know Parker.' She kissed me on the cheek and opened the card, displaying it on her dresser once she had read it.