ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

|

|

{ 16th november | 1:45pm }

|

"ooh, so you're really gonna ask her out?" kaminari asked enthusiastically, rocking back on his heels as y/n covered her blush with her hands. the two of them had bumped into each other in the common room, and since it was just those two, kaminari seemed to feel comfortable enough to speak as loudly as he wanted, causing y/n to punch him a bit too hard in the shoulder. "hey!"

"shut up!" she exclaimed quietly, looking everywhere to make sure nobody was listening, especially not yaoyorozu. "she might hear you!"

"don't worry, she's currently in her room," he assured her, and she furrowed her eyebrows, wondering how he knew. "i... erm... well, mineta came down the elevator with a huge slap mark on his face, so i think she's upstairs."

"that little shit," she muttered, glaring at nothing and cracking her knuckles, ready to punch that purple-haired boy if he even dared look in yaoyorozu's direction. "i hope he hasn't upset her!"

kaminari grimaced and flopped down onto one of the green sofas, sighing loudly as his head lolled back. he'd been pretty close with y/n for past three weeks, ever since she caught him stealing glances at jiro and making sure she was okay when she cut her finger making dinner, and after y/n had confronted him about it, the two obviously became friends. uraraka had mistakingly thought the two of them were a thing, but she'd denied. y/n just didn't see him that way. and, although he thought she was pretty, kaminari didn't see her that way either.

"so, what's your plan, y/l/n?" kaminari asked, glancing up to see the poor girl pacing up and down the room, tugging at her hair in frustration every so often.

"well, i don't really have the confidence to ask her straight up," she admitted, a hint of pink appearing in her face once again. "even though i'm ninety-nine percent certain it's her. i mean, you've seen the notes, right?"

"if you let me read them, then maybe i'd know for sure," kaminari muttered, only to get smacked over the head by y/n. "okay, okay! you're not gonna show me, got it."

y/n laughed at his reaction and the pout on his face, and she poked him in the cheek when he puffed them out. "no, i'm not. because they're private, and you know that!"

"i'd show you my letters if i wrote some for jiro," he said, and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"yeah, but that's different," you replied, crossing your arms. "you'd be writing them, whereas yao-momo wrote these ones - i think - and she didn't consent for you to see them."