ꜰɪᴠᴇ

|

|

{ 15th november | 12:37pm }

|

"you're joking!" jiro exclaimed a little too loudly, her hands clapping together as she heard the news from yaoyorozu. the black-haired girl frantically tried to hush her friend, glancing around to see that only one person in the second year had heard. "she chose you?"

"yes, i was really surprised," yaoyorozu chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she took a sip from her juice. looking up, she watched as y/n walked past, her voice quiet as she spoke to uraraka with a cheerful smile. those familiar butterflies appeared in yaoyorozu's stomach again, as she was genuinely in love with her classmate. "she's meeting me in my dorm room tonight for some maths revision. we decided it this morning, too!"

"you look nervous," jiro answered with a small smile, watching as pink appeared in the other's cheeks. "yao-momo, don't worry about it. i'm sure it'll go amazingly!"

uncertainty rushed through yaoyorozu's body, but she agreed nonetheless. she just needed to stay positive and keep her own spirits up and she'd feel better, but anxiety still filled the pit of her stomach. shakily, she began to eat her dinner, looking up to see y/n sit down between midoriya and uraraka, with todoroki, tsuyu and iida opposite. oh, how yaoyorozu wished she could be in uraraka's position. even if dating y/n wasn't an option, she just wanted to be friends with her! 

"you really should tell her how you feel one day," jiro smiled softly, but she knew why there was no chance for that. yaoyorozu wasn't even out to the other girls in the class, nevermind y/n, so she simply couldn't. it wasn't that she was ashamed of being attracted to the same gender, it was that she was afraid people would think she was inferior for it. and that sucked. "out of everyone in class 1-a, i highly doubt y/n is gonna be the one who's homophobic."

"i know..." yaoyorozu trailed off, nibbling on the inside of her lip as she looked away, realising she'd been staring at y/n for a little too long and almost got caught by midoriya. "kyoka, i know one isn't supposed to ask another about who they're attracted to, but is there any way you could ask y/n if she-"

"no, i can't," jiro giggled, amused by the way yaoyorozu dramatically hid her face with her hands. "i don't think i'm close enough to her to ask her things like that. but, i'm pretty sure she knows those letters are from a girl. and so far, she hasn't objected, so she must be attracted to girls in some way."

"but what if all my efforts are useless because she's not even gay?" yaoyorozu sighed, staring into her bowl of rice as if it was going to run away from her. "oh kyoka, why is this so complicated?"

"don't ask me," she answered, a smile on her face as she took a sip from her juice. out of all the girls, jiro had never expected it to be yaoyorozu who was coming to her for relationship advice. and what was weirder was that jiro had never been in a relationship herself. although... maybe it was because she was bisexual herself, and the whole class knew that. either way, it was odd that yaoyorozu came to her instead of someone like ashido or hagakure. "look, don't panic yourself. like i said, i'm sure your little date will go all according to plan."