ɴɪɴᴇ

|

|

{ 19th november | 7:43am }

|

shuffling from foot-to-foot, momo yaoyorozu stood silently in the elevator, the pristine white envelope sitting in between her delicate fingers. her heart raced against her chest, just as it did every time she held one of y/n's letters.

the date two days prior had gone fantastically. the two ended up going on walks across the large acres of land the yaoyorozu family owned, and for once, the black-haired girl wasn't judged for the expensive world she lived in. frightened of the judgement she'd receive from the one she loved so dearly, she was tempted to pretend that the rest of the land wasn't even hers, but decided against lying to her beloved. yet, despite y/n coming from a lower-income family, she seemed, quite frankly, overjoyed, frolicking through the flower gardens and attempting to climb the large, monkey-puzzle tree that yaoyorozu herself often found herself sitting in, contemplating life.

even though the date had gone so great, yaoyorozu hadn't seen y/n at all since. the two had gone home, and after dinner, y/n had seemingly disappeared. she hadn't come out of her room at all the day before, and according to uraraka, she hadn't even woken up until one in the afternoon. so whether she was just exhausted from the whole experience, or was too shy to even come out, yaoyorozu had no idea.

so of course, her plan of action was to slip another letter under the door.

hopping out of the elevator doors and wandering over to her classmate's dorm-room, she took a deep breath. she couldn't tell whether she was more afraid of being late to class (which, she never was) or being rejected all of a sudden by someone she believed liked her back. and with an inability to actually vocalise her feelings, writing the words on a letter felt so much more comforting.

wandering past both shoji and kirishima, she was thankful neither asked why she was there. she knew shoji was incredibly observant, and probably knew what the letters were about (as she often passed him whenever she went to y/n's door), and was delighted to know that he never, ever bought up why she was there. giving them a small nod of acknowledgment and a quiet 'hello', yaoyorozu walked past and squatted in front of y/n's door quietly, pressing her ear to the wood to see if her beloved was even awake or not.

it was strangely silent in there, and yaoyorozu wondered if she was even in there. maybe she'd gone to uraraka's room next door? it was doubtful, since it was rare y/n even woke up before 7:45, but yaoyorozu wasn't about to slip the letter underneath someone else's door just by some chance y/n was in there. if y/n read it later, then so be it.

pressing her hand to her chest to calm her breathing, she slipped the pretty white letter underneath the door, and was incredibly surprised when a different one was returned almost instantly. clearly someone was sat right by the entrance, and yaoyorozu didn't know whether to smile or cry. but by the shadow underneath, it meant y/n was sitting right against the inside of the door, her back to it, and the black-haired girl relaxed. it was only y/n.