xxxix

The cafe felt quiet. Maybe it was that Hoseok was so used to being here with two other people that it seemed that quiet.

"Would you like another refill?"

Hoseok sighed and nodded, "Yes please, and thank you."

The girl smiled as she takes his cup of coffee and refills it from her pot, setting it down gently as she walks towards other customers.

Looking down at his digital watch, the boy doesn't feel like going to class just to see that Yoongi isn't there again. He decided maybe it was best to just go home. As he grabs his bag to put his notebook and pencils away, he hears a familiar voice behind him.

"...I don't think they're together, Kook."

"But we saw them at the park!"

"There he is." Yoongi smiles as he sees Hoseok looking at them. "Hey there stranger."

Jungkook gets excited and he quickly sits next to Hoseok. "Hyung, do you think Jimin and Professor Kim are together?"

There he was. His best friend, acting like nothing had happened. That made him relieved. The older smiles and nods. "Saw them walking together just a bit ago. To the same car too."

Yoongi clicks his tongue as he sits across from them. "I'm telling you, Namjoon would tell me about this. They can't possibly be together. Jimin hates his guts."

"I don't know, Jimin has never looked at anyone that way before. Plus, they were meeting later for a project."

"Namjoon doesn't do projects..." Yoongi mutters.

Jungkook swallows as he's scared to talk to Hoseok.

"I'll be ordering for us, banana frap?" To Yoongi's question, Jungkook nods and he walks off to order.

The youngest clears his throat. "I'm sorry I haven't been going home with you. I thought maybe you wanted some time to yourself. But I realize now, it was probably best I just talk to you."

"You needed time to process Kook," Hoseok smiles as he sips from his coffee and puts it down. "I understand."

"I still do!" Jungkook clears his throat again, he was nervous. "I still like you but, ya know, Yoongi and you like Yoongi and me, and he likes you too and us three—"

"Jungkook," the older places his hand on top of the nervously rambling boy. "I get it. Take your time."

As the two smile, Yoongi returns, handing the you get his drink as he sits down

"I'm more surprised you didn't outright reject the idea. Most people wouldn't even think about it."

Jungkook swallows as his two friends stare at him. "I just... I care about you guys. If it was anyone else I probably would but, I don't know. I got to figure it out."