xxxiii

Namjoon and Seokjin sat on the eldest's couch, watching TV as they often did when they were bored and had no extra work to do at home. Weirdly enough, Namjoon did most of his work at his best friend's instead of his own house. He hated the notion of bringing work to his place of rest.

The doorbell rang and the two looked at each other.

"Were you expecting anyone?"

Seokjin shakes his head as he stands up and looks through the pee hole, not being able to see who it was. The poor boy had a break in a while back and ever since then kept weapons all around the house, like the umbrella that had a knife once you opened it hanging next to the keys.

He opens the door and immediately lets his guard down. "Yoongi?"

Namjoon looks up at him, and watches as their goth friend launches himself over Seokjin, embracing him in a hug.

"Hey buddy, everything alright?" The moment he doesn't receive an answer, but instead sniffles, he nods his head, stroking his back in a soothing way. "Alright, come on inside."

The two professors take their time making their friend comfortable. It wasn't that Yoongi was emotionless and never trusted his friends, it's just that when he did show emotion and trusted his friends, it was not over something light; whether it was good or bad.

Yoongi sniffled, trying his best not to break down into tears.

Namjoon and Seokjin exchanged looks every so often as they didn't know what to do or say

Namjoon and Seokjin exchanged looks every so often as they didn't know what to do or say. Who was going to take the initiative?

The smarter Kim took it upon himself to start. "Is this about what you texted me a little while ago?"

Yoongi just nods while the black haired professor looks confused. Namjoon hands him his phone to scroll through the texts before he starts to talk again. "This is about that guy you've been talking about for a year right? The dancer is Hoseok, right?"

Again, the goth just nods. He fidgets with his fingers as he mumbles. "Jungkook."

"Jeon Jungkook?" Seokjin looks up at Namjoon. "How do you know him?"

"Music."

Seokjin seemed confused. "Wait is this about Hoseok or Jungkook?"

"Both, right Yoongi?" Namjoon earns a nod and he sighs. "What happened?"

After taking a minute to compose himself, he looks down at his feet. He tells the two of what happened, from the very beginning, way back to the party a year and a half ago.

Hoseok had just gained his popularity so this party happened to be one of his firsts being recognized. Back then, he was still an extrovert and the life of the party, even if no one knew him, everyone was having fun cause of him. He'd see someone in a corner by themselves, and invite them to dance. One of those people, just happened to be Yoongi.