𝐬𝐢𝐱.

Eden watched from her window as the snow fell down gracefully on Christmas which also happens the be her birthday, Esme had taken a position to work all day so she was left all alone in the home with Periwinkle

"Meow."

"What is it peri?" Periwinkle pressed her paws to the window causing Eden to look up, in the distance was a small figure that looked to be a bird of some sort. "Hedwig!"

The owl flew into the now open window landing on the sill, she looked to be carrying two boxes and an envelope. Eden took a hold of the packages and placed them on her desk, she ripped open the letter first.

Dear Eden,

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday! I wish I was there to spend it with you but sadly I'm not. I hope you enjoy your gifts and I lo-I miss you, see you soon, Ed.

Love, Harry

It was a short but nice letter nonetheless, that's how his letters have been for the past few months, small and less well written. But Eden didn't mind much she was just happy to hear from the boy. The first package consisted of the chocolate she had been waiting for, the second was a small red box with a little tag that read, It's not much but I thought it would look beautiful on you. A necklace, a petite silver star chain necklace. Eden stared at it in awe, it was so simple yet so enchanting, she clasped it around her neck and held the little star in her palms.

Dear Harry,

Merry Christmas, love. It would be nice if you were here but what can you do. Thank you for my gifts, the chocolate was lovely and the necklace was just absolutely darling I'll never take it off. I miss you too and I'll hopefully see you soon, Harold.

Love, Eden <3