Chapter 3: Fresh Start

We could leave the Christmas lights
Up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules.
And there's a dazzling haze,
A mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

We could light a bunch of candles
And dance around the kitchen, baby
Pictures of when we were young
Would hang on the wall
We would sit on the stoop
I'll sing love songs to you when we're eighty
See, I finally got you now, honey, I won't let you fall.

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close?
Forever and ever, ah
Take me out, and take me home (Forever and ever)

Lover - Taylor Swift featuring Shawn Mendez

Henrik smiled happily and looked over at Lucas

Henrik smiled happily and looked over at Lucas. It was a REALLY good day!

They could hear the girl's laughter spilling out of the open door of their flat and filtering down the stairwell as the boys walked up the flight of stairs with their final load.

"They sure sound happy. Thanks again for coming up to help us with the move." Henrik said for probably the hundredth time.

"No need to keep thanking me buddy," Lucas chuckled, adjusting his hold on the boxes in his arms.

"Still, it means a lot. It's not just anyone I want to keep in our social circle from the show. Really glad we became close mates." Henrik responded sincerely.

Lucas looked over at Henrik. He'd been his best friend in the villa, wanting to still have Henrik's back despite getting voted off.

After Bobby pulled his 'dear Jane' letter crap, Henrik told him that he had opened up to Skye... admitting what she didn't know regarding the real motives behind Lucas' choice in the disaster recoupling.....

That Lucas had initially chosen her as a favor to Henrik... Lucas did it for HIM.

As Henrik was packing to leave the villa, Lucas came up with a plan. Maybe it was crazy... but the both felt they HAD to do...something.

Neither of them fully trusted Bobby's goof-ball puppy dog routine. They would both put hard bets down that Bobby was the biggest player in the place.

But if Lucas had the opportunity... he suggested that maybe, he could steal Skye from Bobby at a boy's choice recoupling.

Then Lucas and Skye could pretend to be a romantic couple and try to win the grand prize together.... it would keep Skye out of Bobby's clutches at least.

Lucas came on the show to find love, but he was willing to set that aside and be a placeholder for Henrik. The plan was that they would secretly be a friendship couple, allowing Skye and his friend to reunite after the finale.

That's what you should do for a real mate.

Unfortunately it all kind of blew up in Lucas' face with the girls heading off the next morning to Casa Amore.