Chapter 11: Trick or Treat PART 3 - Parley

Tonight, I'm gonna have myself
A real good time
I feel alive, and the world
I'll turn it inside out, yeah
And floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now
Don't stop me
'Cause I'm having a good time
Having a good time

I'm a shooting star
Leaping through the sky
Like a tiger
Defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car
Passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go, go, go
There's no stopping me

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me
Mr Fahrenheit

Queen -

As the other islanders at the party dispersed around the room and Kassam started a new dance track, Skye could feel the tension between Henrik, Lucas and Chelsea as they faced off against a seemingly relaxed and self confident Bobby.

It was amazing to her that the others in the room seemed completely oblivious to the standoff happening in the middle of the event space.

"What are YOU doing here Bobby? We heard you were headlining at a club tonight, can't imagine you'd give up an opportunity to preen about on stage to attend a small party where you aren't the center of attention." Lucas sneered derisively.

Bobby feigned a look of over-exaggerated surprise, "Oh Lucas, ah dinnae know yeh followed meh band so closely mate... Ah feel a tad stalked now tae be honest."

"I.... ummm, can we just take this down a notch everyone?" Skye managed, attempting to prevent turning into the drama of the night.

Stepping forward, she fixed Bobby with a look that reminded 'you promised me a white flag...'

Bobby looked into Skye's eyes, the others disappearing for him... "Tha mi duilich, cha b 'urrainn dhomh a chuideachadh ... Tha e cho DICK." he apologized to her in Gaelic.

** Translation:
{ { Ah'm sorry, ah couldn't help it... He's such a dick. } }

Lucas bristled, "I have no idea what most of that meant, but 'dick' needs no translation ass-hat."

Skye turned to her friends, her brow furrowed. Bobby was correct earlier... They wanted to protect her, but she wanted to avoid drama. Right now Bobby was keeping up his word but she knew him well enough to know that could change in an instant if he lost his temper.

"PLEASE... Let. Me. Handle. This." she stated.

"Skye..." Henrik looked at her imploringly.

"No, Hen... you need to trust me. I just need a few moments to speak with him. You three... just... stand here and be quiet and patient." she said in a tone that barred further argument, then turned back to Bobby.

Placing her hands on her hips she answered him back in Gaelic. "Tha e a 'còrdadh riut a bhith gam brosnachadh. Na till air ais air d 'fhacal Bobby."

{ { You enjoy provoking them. Don't go back on your word Bobby. } }

Bobby looked at her, sighed and dropped his defiant posture. "Tha thu ceart. Mo dhroch. Tha mi a 'gealltainn gum bi deagh leannan agam."

{ { You're right. My bad. Ah promise tae be good sweetheart. } }

"Tha mi a 'guidhe ort ... is e oidhche cho snog a tha seo, feuch nach dèan thu a mhilleadh."

{ { I'm begging you... It's such a nice night, please don't ruin it. } }

Bobby scrunched his face in frustration, "Carson a tha e an-còmhnaidh MY locht? Is e Lucas agus Henrik an fheadhainn a thòisich e. "

{ { Why is it always MY fault? Lucas and Henrik are the ones who started it. } }