cover help for Adishi

I am so sorry this is late, my wifi been acting up and I couldn't do anything without having the strong urge to throw my laptop at the wall.

So here are the covers by inlovewsleep

𝟎𝟏 | 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐲𝐚𝐚𝐫

Let's start with the colours. I'm not a fan of gradient backgrounds, as most aren't done right. Even if this gradient is subtle, the overall look isn't great. Especially when paired with all these colours.

You did well with the contrast between the background and font, but it's not a pretty one. There is very little harmony with all the colours on the cover.

Along with the different colours, the cover is too crowded. Everything fights for attention. I'd say to first remove the borders at the side. Doing that will broaden the space as well as take away one extra colour that doesn't fit in (the light pink).

The couple is fine, but put them in front of a more neutral background if you want to stick with the couple and the font colours. By neutral, I mean something that isn't too bright or too dark, that almost looks matte. Like, a variation of a light gray mixed with another colour might work?

Something like below.

I did a quick 'fix' of the cover, and replicated the colours of the couple and font as much as I could

I did a quick 'fix' of the cover, and replicated the colours of the couple and font as much as I could. You can see that nothing in the second cover fights for attention, and all elements go alone well together. It's much more simple and way easier on the eyes.

Moving on to font. You used three. The general rule, which I have yet to mention, is to use no more than three. But even three can be too much if not done right, so I say stick to either one or two fonts when starting out. Again, there is a lack of harmony between your fonts.

As there are so little words and three types of fonts, the difference in fonts is very blatant. Either make it two fonts like mine (script and sans serif), or keep what you have with the title, but remove that shadow in "Pyaar" and maybe try a different font for the other word. I'd say also keep them the same colour, but if you rlly want 2 colours in the title, make them different shades of the same colour.

Also, when you use your username instead of a writer name on the cover, I would say to find a way to write "written by" or simple "by" before the username. Simple for a more 'professional' look, but it's really up to you.

And just something to keep in mind, for this type of cover, try to leave a little more empty space at the top and in the bottom of the cover.

𝟎𝟐 | 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

I don't know the story for this, so I don't think I'll be able to give that much advice.

However, I will tell you that from this image I get a sort of dark vibe. So if your story doesn't reflect that, then there is a problem.

You used thick lines above the image, which represents either strength and robustness or solidity. So I hope that's what you're trying to communicate. Thin lines, can represent fragility but also elegance. Just keep in mind what you're going for. 

The colours are all very.. mellow. And that's only fine if that's the vibe of your story. The colour of the lines definitely contribute a lot to this mellow feeling, so if that isn't the vibe you wanted, I would start by changing that colour to something that has more "life" instead of dull grey.

If this book is similar to your other romance stories, I would recommend going with a way lighter and more a colourful, colour scheme. This cover seems more like a romance story with a dark theme and also hidden secrets with the way the lines represent solidarity as well as feel like metal barriers due to the colour and thickness.

The font goes well with the cover, a little hard to see though. And not very eye-catching. 

Change the colour to red maybe, something like this.

Now this is obviously a quick edit, so don't do this

Now this is obviously a quick edit, so don't do this. It's not that pretty or even complete. But you can see how I changed the colour and played with the lines so that the text is actually going in between the lines. This also correlates the title with the design!

Always add the author name, by the way.

Hope this helped! If you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I got annoyed by the edit I made on top so here's a slightly better (still quick) attempt