The Memory

"Alright let's go over it again," Chirrut said. Liana had been going over her life as Jyn with Bodhi and Chirrut.

"You're mother was from?"

"Aria Prime."

"And she studied...?"

"Kyber, where she met my father."

"Galen told me one time that he thought she was one of the most intelligent people he'd ever met," Bodhi said.

"Really?" Liana asked, intrigued.

"She was outspoken that's for sure," Baze added, smiling lightly.

"So you finally decide to talk about it?" Chirrut called.

"Talk about what?" Liana asked.

"He was once a guardian you know."

"The force and I had a couple of disagreements with how to live."

"Speaking of living, how did you?" Cassian asked, accusatory.

Liana looked up trying to recall her apparent escape from the palace. The ship was silent.

"There was a boy," she said as if recalling a dream. "He was kind. And then a little girl pulled me through a wall. I don't remember exactly what happened next."

Liana looked down into her hands where she clutched the wooden box.

"I'm sorry," she said laughing at herself. "That's crazy, little girls in walls."

She looked back up to see Cassian looking horrified in disbelief.

"Leaving hyperspace," K2 said. Cassian turned to the controls and sat down.

"Bodhi," he called. "Come up, we'll need your help."

Bodhi hopped up to the front of the ship and Cassian gave a small glance to Liana, asking Chirrut more about her parents.