The Conman

Kafrene bustled with activity, workers getting to jobs for their small pay while the homeless called for donations.

Ever since the Empire gained complete control of the city, people were constantly monitored and troopers could get away with anything. It had turned into a dangerous place to live and the only thing the populace could look forward to was a trade or some new gossip.

"Did you hear? The princess of Alderaan is looking for an old friend."

"Her name is Jyn Erso."

"A man named Galen Erso sent a pilot from the empire."

"He is her father."

"She must be worth a fortune."

A man was looking for work. A conman and a spy, forging documents for the populace. Cassian Andor was 26, he worked cons alone.

Cassian walked up some stairs, looking around for somebody.

"Psst, over here," a man called. Cassian turned towards him and both of them walked into the market entrance.

"They closed another port," the man said to his companion.

"I've been thinking about Jyn Erso," Cassian said looking around him suspiciously. People in the square paced in front of their stands yelling their sales.

"1,000 creds for this headpiece, it's Nabooian I swear."

"Jedi master robes, come on buy one."

"I got this from the old rebel base, it could have been Jyn Erso's." Cassian slid over a couple of credits and took the scarf from the vendor.

"You wanted those crystals?" the man asked, moving his jacket to flash them to Cassian.

"Of course," Cassian answered. "Why don't we go somewhere more private."

The man nodded, following him down an alley. It was dark and grimy with pipes everywhere. Cassian opened a door and allowed the man in.

"So the payment I spoke to you earlier..."

"Ah," Cassian cut him off. "I have a different proposition for you." He sat down at a table and dumped out all the pay for the kyber crystals.

"What is this?"

"Play a round or two of Saabac with me, winner takes the money and the kyber."

The man smiled, sat down, and pushed the crystals into the pile