(#68) To the Palace

"Father, are you ready?" I asked. 

"I was, half an hour ago," Father said. 

As I got down, Father was dressed in his usual white and blue uniform with the family brooch of two white does flying at an interjection holding blue cloths, on which were written Honesty and Self Discipline.

"You look very handsome, Father," I said, adjusting his collar.

"Yeah, yeah," Father said, smiling and I smiled.

"Shall we leave then?" I asked.

"Yes, please," Father said.

"Is everything ready, Belle?" I asked.

"All set to go, My Lady." She said and I nodded.

"The carriage is ready right?" I asked.

"Yes, My Lady," Belle said.

"We will leave then," I said, looking at Father and Father nodded.

"Come on, Belle," I said and she nodded and we walked towards the carriage.

Once we got in the carriage, "To the Imperial Palace." I said, and the horse's neigh gave me the reply.

"Here is the food, My Lady," Belle said and handed it over to me.

She then did the same for Father and herself.

"Don't you think that we have been eating a lot while traveling nowadays, My Lady?" Belle asked.

"Very true," Father said.

"We can't waste our precious time," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Father said, rolling his eyes.

"And Father, I heard the news that today's Assembly Meeting will be beyond the Crown Prince's marriage and your sickness," I said.

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you about that. We will also be discussing the issue in the southwest." Father said.

"Monsoon problem?" I asked.

"Yeah," Father said.

"Seriously, don't you people get tired of that? I mean you do this west discussion every year with preparation.

What happens in the end?

There will be a joint prayer, in the end, praying for the welfare of the citizens of the southwest.

What is the advantage?

A loss of revenue and economy that could be used in the people's stead will be used for these fruitless meetings. Just Perfect!" I said.

"Whoa. You really see what is happening in those meetings, don't you?" Father asked.

"Please, not just me. Everyone one, literally the whole citizens know it." I said.

"We have reached the Palace, Lord and Lady Aesther." The coachman said.

"Come on. And Belle, tell Jason to put two of our knights outside and Jason will be coming inside with us." I said.

"Yes, My Lady, then I shall get down," Belle said and I nodded.

"Come Father," I said and held out my hand for Father.

After we got down, we headed straight to the Imperial Hall.

And shortly before we could enter, Belle joined us along with Jason.

Jason bowed as he saw us and I nodded.

We then got in the Hall.

The Princess had already taken her seat on the left.

I and My Father took the first and second one on the right.

"Alright. It seems like everyone has reached. We shall now, commence this Assembly Meeting." The King said.

We then did our usual ritual of bowing before the monarch, and then bowing before the Justice Minister and eating an olive.

"Minister Stelvort, please read our agenda for today." King Adelouis said and Stelvort stood with his papyrus scroll and read out the agenda.

"TODAY, ON THIS PROSPEROUS DAY, THE ASSEMBLY HAS JOINED TO DISCUSS THE MATTERS ON THE MARRIAGE ALLIANCE, AND THE SOUTH-WEST MONSOON ISSUE." Minister Stelvort said.

"About the marriage alliance, after the third assurance ceremony, if the result is a yes, then we shall proceed. Nothing more. Nothing less." The King said, putting a stop to all the comments that would have come.

"Your Highness, I have something to say." Count Barrel rose to his seat.

"Yes?" The King asked.

"As I was taking a walk, I came around this guard who gave me an interesting piece of news." Count Barrel said.

"Count Barrel, please do not waste the time of the Assembly, and cut to the chase." The King said.

"May I have the permission to call a person into the Honorable Hall of the Assembly?" Count Barrel asked.

From his tone itself, I smelled the aroma of trouble.

"You have permission." The King granted.

"PLEASE COME IN." Count Barrel shouted on top of his voice.

I had to close my ears from the reverberations.

And then he came in. 

Shit.

------------------------------------

Who was the person who entered right now?

What damages will he bring to our Ana?

Comment below 👇🏻👇🏻

And thank you all for your unwavering support for me till now. It means a lot to me. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. 

So, till next time, 

Je vous aimez

Last updated on 12/01/2021