(#77) Culprit

As I walked into the arena, many people stood. I then raised my hands and got inside and walked straight towards my Father.

"How are you doing Father?" I asked.

"Wow, Ana. You seriously have the nerve to ask that after not coming back home, yesterday." He said.

"Come on, Father. Lindon took care of me." I said.

"I might not be coming and going to the Palace as frequently as back then. But that still does not mean that I don't know what happens. I know that he began to change his attitude towards you." Father said.

"Yes, Father. I know that you know. Yes, Lindon has started to change. But that still doesn't mean that he does not take care of me. Yesterday, after I had fallen asleep, he took me back to a room." I said.

"Yep. You can know everything that happens around you, even after you have slept." I said.

"Father. It is intuition. And my intuition never fails me. I know that Lindon did it. He may deny it. But whatever, he was the one who took care of me last night." I said.

"Alright, alright. I will believe you. But the Imperial Place is a very dangerous place, under two circumstances.

One, if you have an enemy inside the Palace, and that too, a very powerful.

Second, when there is no one to accompany you. And it is the same for a Baron's daughter and the King's daughter.

And unfortunately..."

"I am under both the categories," I said.

"Exactly. So it is very hard to survive in the Palace." Father said.

"Yeah, I came to know about that today," I whispered.

"Oh- wait, what happened to you?" Father asked.

"I will not lie to you, Father. But let us just say that my medicinal sense helped me, this time." I said.

"Alright. I will not ask more questions. But dear, did you hear about what is going to happen before the Ceremony?" Father asked.

"Yes. Fortunately, I got updated. And talking about that made me remember. Father~" I whined the last part.

"What is the matter, dear?" He asked, concerned.

"I am hungry," I said.

"You didn't eat breakfast?" Father asked.

"It was dangerous too," I said and sat properly.

"How dare they!" Father almost yelled.

"Father! People don't know it. I don't want everyone to know. Moreover, the maid came to help me under the name of Lindon, Father. I don't want to implicate him." I said.

"Alright." He sighed.

Just then, Lindon, Velena, Louis, and Marylene entered.

Got to point out, Louis looked like a total clown. I couldn't belie I was blinded by love for this guy.

Well, let us just not talk about it. It is just a black mark of my previous life.

Well, if we are looking at it like that, my whole past life was a black mark.

Just let me stop thinking.

"Minister Stelvort, Please read the agenda for today." King Adelouis said and Minister Stelvort stood, opened his scroll, and started reading it out.

"TODAY ON THIS PROSPEROUS DAY, THE ASSEMBLY HAS JOINED TO DISCUSS THE MATTERS ON THE POISONING OD CROWN PRINCE LINDON AND THE THIRD ASSURANCE CEREMONY."

Minister Stelvort sat down.

"Without much delay, we can get to the Poisoning matters. Eunuch Mai." The King called.

"Yes." Eunuch Mai came forward.

"Your Highness, may I ask Sir Ronald Ree to come forward? He was the head of the Investigating Team." Eunuch Mai said.

"Sir Ronald Ree. Please come forward." King Adelouis said and a young man walked forth and bowed to the King.

"Your Highness, for I have grown eating the grain and bread of this nation, I decided to show my gratitude by conducting an honest investigation.

I humbly request Your Highness that, after reading this report, Your Highness has to keep in mind that I just did for what I ate." Sir Ronald Ree said and handed over the report to Eunuch Mai which was given to His Highness.

"Of course, I shall," The King began reading it.

A flash of disappointment, yet knowing, sadness, yet understanding, flashed through his face.

From Ronald's speech and His Highness's reaction, it seems not to be a scapegoat, but a fool that fell prey to the real mastermind's games.

And there is only one fool in here who likes to behave like a genius...

"I understand. You have provided the required amount of evidence needed. You may go forward with the next step." The King said, with almost tears coming down his face.

Well, what else could he do?

"The culprit is..."

He is none other than...

"Prince Louis and Miss Maylene."

Prince Louis and Miss Maylene.

---------------------------------------------------

Special Note For Readers. 

Thanks for all the support you people have given me till now. 

Comment on the progress of the story.

Don't forget to vote comment and follow.

So, till next time, 

Je vous aimez💕💕

Last updated on 13/02/2021