(#33) Clearing Father's Name

"Alright. Thank you for conveying the message." I said and the guards bowed.

'We will head to the Imperial Palace, Father." I said and we both headed there.

When we reached the Grand Imperial Entrance, we asked the guards to announce us.

"Father, you must do the talking now." I said and Father nodded.

When we got inside, the whole Palace was quiet. There was a worried look on the face of Imperialists but a smug smirk on the face of Aristocrats.

Seems like something has happened. Something Big.

"Greetings to His Highness, the Sun of the Empire." Father bowed and I followed him. The King just raised his hands to reply.

Even Crown Prince Lindon had a worried look on his face.

Goodness! Why are my negative intuitions always right? Something big has happened.

"Anastasia." I heard a familiar voice and turned.

It was Maylene.

"What is the matter, Maylene?" I asked.

"Don't think badly of me, Anastasia." She said. I have already seen the worst side of you. Can it be any worse?

"I am just providing a lesson for the Empire, that truth is above Friendship." Maylene said and turned to the King.

"May I be given the permission to start speaking, Your Highness?" Maylene asked, very politely.

"You have already started speaking." I said.

That response loosened up the tight faces of Imperialists, gave rise to many muffled coughs and at last, but not the last, gave me a beautiful view of the shameful faces of Maylene and the Aristocrats.

Even the King had to smile, not to mention Crown Prince Lindon.

"Permitted." The King said.

"Your Highness, the Queen had seen His Excellency, Lord Aesther's face, when she woke up from her sleep, a week back, approximately." Maylene said.

"What do you have to say about this, Lord Aesther?" Count Millow asked.

"Your Highness, We have just come back from the south and My Father is extremely tired. May I be given the permission to speak in the stead of my Father?" I asked.

"Permitted. And Lord Aesther may sit down." The King said. Father nodded and sat down.

"Replying to Miss Maylene," I said and turned to her. "Me and my Father travelled to the South for two weeks and only arrived yesterday." I said.

Maylene smiled.

"But Anastasia-" I cut her off.

"When two people are talking, if one addresses the other by their title and the other addresses by name, it shows the difference between castes." I said.

"When I addressed you with Miss, I showed you respect. And I expected it back too. But I didn't think that Miss Maylene would want to humiliate me like this." I said.

She gulped hard.

"I d-didn't m-mean it-t l-like that." She stuttered. She then regained her composure.

"I thought that we were friends-" I cut her off again.

"Ah! I don't actually quite remember the person, but I heard someone telling that truth comes before friendship." I said and looked at her and smiled.