(#21)Study room

"My Lady, My Lady." I could hear Belle searching for me. "I am in the library, Belle." I said.

She then entered the library, panting. "What is the matter? Your look tells me that it is serious." I said.

"Nothing much. The workers have left. The work of your private study room is ready." She said with some uncertainty.

"But?" I asked. "It is the workers." Belle said. "What is the matter with the workers?" I asked.

"They think that the design is too... " She didn't complete. "Too what?" I asked.

"Weird?" She said.

I then scoffed and returned to my reading. "Weird?" I asked. "Yes, My Lady." She said, bowing.

"Belle, do you know the only thing that is constant in our life?" I asked. "Uh... nothing?" She said, in a doubtful manner.

I chuckled. "It is change." I said. "Wait. Then My Lady, in one way, I am right." She said.

"There was a reason why I didn't object." I said and there was quietness.

"The only thing that is constant in our life is change. And this is something we humans have to accept. Because if not for us, who have the ability of adaptation." I said.

"So...?" Belle asked.

"They, as architects, should have shown their ability to welcome and showcase talents and new changes, not criticizing them." I said.

"Yes, My Lady." Belle said.

"Whatever. They finished the work that had been given to them?" I asked.

"Yes, My Lady." She said.

"Good." I said and started copying down the notes.

"My Lady!" Belle wailed.

"What is the matter?" I asked, taking a look at her.

"The work is finished. Your private Study Room is ready." She said.

I chuckled. "It is my study room which is ready. Why are you so interested in it?" I asked.

"I want to go see it, My Lady. You didn't allow me to look at the designs and nor did you give me the permission to take a look once the job was done." Belle said.

"Alright. Your statement is unarguable." I said and got up from my seat.

"Belle." I called. "Behind you, My Lady." She said.

Once we reached the entrance of my study room, Belle asked. "Can I open the door, My Lady?" She asked.

"Goodness, Belle. How many times should I tell you to use the word may not can. It is alright because it is me. But others wont show the same leniency." I said.

"But I don't get the difference between them." She said.

"Silly, can is ability while may is eloquence." I said.

"In reality My Lady, you have succeeded in making me more confused." Belle said and I shook my head.

"Can I take that bag? If you have the strength, you may take it. May I take that bag? Since you asked so, fine." I said and looked at Belle.

"Understood?" I asked.

For a moment, her face was blank. I was about to hit myself when her face shined like a sky that just got illuminated with the moon.

"Ah! What you mean is, Can depends on whether you can do it or not. But May is respect." She said.

"Exactly, My Belle. Thank Goodness, you didn't disappoint me." I said.