CHAPTER THREE

TAE BU. 🔷

CHAPTER 3: MY HEART IS A RUNAWAY

JUST FRIENDS.

"And I will be expecting your homework in two days, y'all do have a nice day." Mr. Dare, our math teacher said with a smile as we all began to pack our things and get ready to leave.

I looked at Katherine for a split second, she was also packing her stuff. I quickly gathered my things nervously and walked out of class before anybody else.

"Vincent!" Julian called and I rapidly turned. "Hey, what's wrong? Where are you off to?"

"I....have to...go, I'll see you later." I said and rushed down the hall, I didn't want to see her and I know I could have just ignored and pretended, but I was panicking.

Her question rang in my head severally, continuously in different classes that we unfortunately both happened to share. I am so stupid for drooling over Julian like that in class, I needed to be more careful and needed to put my emotions in check before it got out of hand and people began to figure things out. Like Katherine.

I bumped into someone while in my thoughts and my phone fell to the ground.

"Shit!" I bent and picked it up, but then realised that this was not my phone with a cracked screen.

"Wow. Way to go, Vincent." A familiar voice said, I looked up to see Tae looking at me with a not so pleasant expression.

"Shit. I am so sorry. I was so in my head."

"You most certainly were." He said as he took his phone back from me.

"I am really really sorry."

"It's fine." He shrugged and put the phone in his trench coat pocket.

"Don't be mad."

"I am not." He shrugged. "It's just a small crack."

I smiled awkwardly. "Tae, right?"

Tae smirked. "He remembers."

"I am very good with names, so." I shrugged.

"A good memory, well you'll be a good one to gossip with." He said and I chortled.

Tae was wearing black plain pants and a black top, accompanied with an ash trench coat. He looked like money, and that had nothing to do with the fact that he was asian, but he actually smelt like he had never known poverty, or maybe it was just me. But I have been poor all my laugh so I would know.

Tae was a good looking guy, his skin was smooth and God I wanted to ask what his skin care routine was because he was gorgeous, but then I knew it probably cost more than my life. Tae was also a bit taller than I was which I'd say suited him and made him hotter.

"So, Vincent. Where was your head?"

I looked at him, confused. "Sorry?"

"Where were you in a hurry to while having a mental battle because you couldn't see me and sent my phone flying about two minutes ago?"