CHAPTER ONE

VINCENT LOCKHART. ♦️
(PLAY MUSIC)

CHAPTER 1: TOM AND JERRY

JUST FRIENDS.

"Vincent, you better not be sleeping!!" Mom's voice filled the house. I let out a small sigh as i packed my things into my backpack and as i zipped it, i threw my back over my shoulder and ran out of my room and down the stairs.

"I am here, mom. Have i ever been late for school?" I asked her as i took a seat in the kitchen. She quickly placed a plate of pancakes in front of me and gave me a look.

"I know sweetie but you were up till past one last night, you know how you are when you get tired. You sleep like you are dead and i thought today was one of those days." She said and i chuckled.

My mom was dressed up in her work clothes, she worked as a waitress at a diner downtown, my mother was working two jobs to try take care of the house and sometimes i wish there was something i could do but she would rather i study hard and go to college than get a job.

My Dad had left us when i was ten, he had a quarrel with my mom, left and never came back. A month later, we heard he was married  and it broke my mom, she would cry every night and so my brother and I did everything we could to put a smile on her face and remind her she was strong. We would throw a party for her, a candy party in her room or make a not so well prepared breakfast for her every morning which she would eat with a smile on her face, we were there for her and when she remembered the children God had blessed her with, she started smiling more.

I never saw my Dad since then and when we got older, mom told us the reason for their fight. She had found out about the other woman Dad had been seeing and when she confronted him about it, it turned into a huge argument with him saying he doesn't love her anymore and that he was in love with her, more like he found love in her money because his new wife was rich as fuck and he did not hesitate to abandon us.

I hated him.

"Good morning, mom." Victor greeted as he made his way towards us, suddenly i felt his hand on my hair and the dickward ruffled it.

"Victor!!" I yelled as i dropped my fork and shifted my glare from him to mom.

Mom sighed. "Victor, leave your brother alone, you are not a kid anymore, stop troubling him." She said as she packed her bag.

Victor chuckled as he made his way to the fridge with no shirt on and his adventure time pyjamas pants which mom had gotten for him a year ago during Christmas because she had seen him severally watching that show on cartoon network. Victor graduated a year ago and is older than me but he never got into college because he failed his exams, he didn't seem so bothered about it and instead got a job as a bartender, also earning cash to help with the bills in the house and my education. Victor had wanted to be a surgeon but after he failed in high school, he seemed to have given up instead and wouldn't listen to me about still trying or going back to school.

"Stupid bitch." I sneered at him and mom turned to me sharply with furrowed brows.

"Do you want to repeat that?" She asked and I shook my head. "I thought so." She said and turned to Victor. "Listen here, bully, you are driving your brother to school today."

"Ughh." Victor groaned, his own plate of pancakes in one hand and a fork in the other

"Ew, mom!"  I whined.