Chapter VI

A right hook slammed the villain to the wall, as soon as he made a barrier. The shield materialized from the oxygen around them, igniting flames around the big fist that claimed to break his mask.

All Might quickly pulled away his burning arm, shifting his feet to dodge the icicles aiming at him.

Similar spikes of metal and wood came to view as the hero skillfully dodged most of it, leaving only the few that passed his range of vision to scrape the upper layers of his skin, revealing the pink peeled epidermis that oozed blood.

The thick red was reflected on his foe's face from behind the mask, dripping from his chin, down to the broken tiles of the once immaculate white floor. The lax figure of his enemy became rigid and bent, looking smaller and torn. His suit crumpled and stained with a few slashes from the wind the opposite force had generated from his powerful punches.

They were at a standstill.

Just before All Might could move to push the man back outside the room, a burst of acid came from his stomach, twisting his insides. An itchy sensation in his throat overcame his senses, followed by a coughing fit that came out of his mouth.

He seemed to lose his breath with  every motion, suffocating at the blockage in his airways. A hand moved to his face, covering the lower part, as his throat continued to cough out something.

And soon, something did come out.

The dark shade of red trickled from his hands. Oddly, he felt so weak he couldn't stand, cold that he visibly shivered, and afraid that his mind went blank.

His injury was acting up.

The timing was oh, so awful.

He hadn't felt so fragile before but now. . . The future cannot feel anymore unpredictable.

A cold chuckle resounded in the debris filled room, making All Might feel rather confused. The villain before him was just as beaten up as him, maybe even worse as the amount of blood he lost was comparable to a rain shower.

"All Might," he stated dryly, "give up. It's no use. You can't beat me."

There was a strong aura of oppression and tyranny that enveloped the dark figure.

This irked the hero. Who does he think he is, to say he can't beat him? To say that in this situation, where the villain actually went to their hideout- with a hundred pro heroes inside and out, having installed numerous high-tech security systems- and searched for death? To say to the number one hero, 'to give up'?

How ironic.

All Might stood firm from his spot, his hands forming fists and his toes digging on the spot he stood.

No way.

"Enough! Your evil ways end here, villain!" He let out a thunderous roar with this statement, standing tall with the means of an absolute defense against the enemy.

Silence ensued with neither of them attacking. Only their breaths seemed to linger in the air and the sounds of concrete breaking and falling to the ground. All was said and taunted, but who could actually do and execute the final move, with both sides tired and hanging off a certain cliff? It would be a miracle if they went on another- give or take- half an hour, fighting to the brink of death. Maybe they wouldn't even reach that point from possibly collapsing from exhaustion. The point was, neither side would have a good end.

All For One's head dipped and the sudden movement caused All Might to jump, having composed himself after the other only sighed with much exaggeration