Chapter III

•|Present|•|Tartarus|•

Deep blue eyes stared at the small figure of the boy behind the one way mirror. They were told that the glass replacement was a hundred times sturdier, bomb proof if that was possible. It's already been two weeks since the boy woke up. At that time, he had forgotten what happened before his three month comatose.

He has been rehabilitating with the help of hired trusted pediatricians and physical therapists. Right now, the boy was asleep.

There were big heavy-looking gauntlets on both of the boy's wrists and ankles, chained to the spotless white bed. The IVs around him continued to drip with a rhythm close to his heartbeat, being displayed by the heart rate monitor.

He looked. . . peaceful.

Ahhh.

But that was only on the surface.

If someone looked close enough, they'd see the tiny beads of sweat running down his forehead. His eyebrows were knitted together, as his eyes were forced shut.

Izuku was having a nightmare.

In the darkness of his dreams, he saw a smile he was longing to see. Though, as soon as he tried to get closer . . .

He saw red.

His eyes widened in fear, pupils shaking as tears were slowly but surely ready to fall. His mouth agape, lips trembling. Izuku fell to his knees, shivering.

His hands took him closer to the scene before him, he crawled his way to the familiar image of green.

He gathered the strands of hair covering her face, combing it with his fingers. When he could finally see her face, he closed her eyes gently, caressing her cheeks to wipe away the blood stains.

"M-mummy. . . " He whispered, "I-i . . . missed. . . you. . "

He covered his mouth as the water in his eyes finally flowed down, sobbing quietly in the void. He gripped her cold hands with the remaining strength he had left, bowing his head as it touched the soft material of clothing covering her stomach. He didn't know why he was crying, but he just wanted to.

It really hurts seeing her.

Why does it?

He was supposed to be happy that she was with him. Why?

He continued to cry in silence.

On the other side, Toshinori could see the monitor going up. His brows furrowed as he looked beside his companion with concern. The furry creature looked back at him, his calm demeanor loosening his worries.

Nezu spoke, seriousness in his tone, "He's having nightmares. It might trigger his quirk to activate, call the doctors and have him waken up," he instructed, which All Might quickly followed.

The blond went to the door, speedwalking through the halls to inform the medical team.

Nezu was left in the room.

Since it was lunch time, the previous people who were also observing in the room were outside eating. The two were assigned on 'guard duty', like usual.

The paws of Nezu graced the armrest of his wooden chair with light taps, playing a tune as his beady eyes drew towards the little boy's fragile figure from the other side. He could tell he was starting to jolt but couldn't wake himself up. Nezu frowned, something that was hard to do when he was always smiling or smirking.

The possibility of Izuku having a nightmare would be as high as his IQ- not that he was bragging or anything.

The probability of it being about his mother was also high. Nezu's frown deepens.

If by the next minute he doesn't wake up or get woken up by someone, then the likeliness of his quirk activating was higher than both. The tapping of Nezu's paws gets aggressive on the wood underneath it. He was thinking of going inside and shaking or screaming at the boy to wake up.

But of course, he wasn't going to.

Only the medical team and other allowed personnel could go in, since it was strict orders from the higher ups. And although he could actually do it since he had good reasons and a quirk for proof, he didn't want to risk getting more annoying people on his back.

He was already free from those people.

He looked at the boy again, sighing with a contemplating stare. He knew what that child was going through if it was about the circumstance. He's been in a lab as a subject after all.

Just the thought made him shiver and feel a sense of pity for the boy. Even though they weren't doing anything harmful towards Izuku, Nezu knew it was going to be a trauma later on.

Suddenly but expected, the door opened with All Might and a few more pro heroes and officials entering the room with quick analyzing gazes on the boy behind the glass. At the same time, doctors and nurses went inside the isolation room and checked Izuku's vitals, some on standby beside the exit.

Hurriedly, a nurse opened his right eye as she took a flashlight in hand and turned it on, going to the next eye in a practiced manner. Another nurse went to the boy's other side and pressed his knuckles on his small chest, rubbing circles to wake him up.

A doctor was behind them, his voice soft but audible, "Izuku, it's time to wake up."

Emerald eyes fluttered open, still half asleep as they were quite foggy. The nurses beside him quickly made way for the doctor to step forward. The heart rate monitor went back to a normal pace. Izuku tried to sit up, having the doctor help him with hands on his shoulders.

He looked up at the man, whom he thought to be about thrice his age, tilting his head in question.

The man, Kurosawa Hiro, smiled as he squatted down to meet the boy's gaze. He patted the soft green tufts of hair, which the boy liked.

"Hello, Izu. It's already afternoon," Hiro stated, "do you want to have bread?"

The boys eyes sparkled, "really? Is it alright now?"

Izuku's voice was hoarse and pitchy from the sleep but it was still as pleasant to hear for the people in both the isolation and observation rooms.

The doctor nodded with a small chuckle escaping his lips, "yes. As long as you eat it slowly, so you won't hurt your tummy. Okay?"

The boy nodded eagerly.

The nightmare from earlier was forgotten, replaced by a delighted atmosphere as they called on a nurse to bring the boy bread and water.

Poor child,

Has he forgotten about her?

——————————————————
ʰᵉʸ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ.

ˢᵒ, ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʳᵉᵃᵈⁱⁿᵍ!

. . .

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
-ʸᵘᵘⁿᵒᵗʸᵒᵘ