Chapter XI

Ah. . . It's been so long. Sorry for the delay. I had to go on a hiatus.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
————

"Izuku!" Shota Aizawa shouted from across the hallways, in complete disarray.

His usual lax demeanor was currently twisted into one of concern and resignation. The simple black hero costume was pulled to one side, crumpled, as he was leaning on the door leading to the teacher's lounge. The scarf, that was once on top of his shoulders, had graciously fallen down to the floor, as if mentally exhausted of this typical Monday morning.

Although the underground hero already had quite a few bags beneath his eyes, it was further highlighted with his expression at that moment.

'Damn it, kid . . . Are you seriously going to make me wait out here?! I still have a class to teach, and unfortunately, you're part of it!'

The usual stoic and unreadable face of the underground hero had sweat running down its forehead.

The kid, who was running in his mind without question, was currently sleeping inside the school's clinic with a well-known healer.

Chiyo was just beside the bed that the green haired teen was lying on, silently watching his chest go up and down.

The warm sunlight from the open windows colored the youth's face and deepened his features, making it seem surreal. He looked like a fairy basking in the sun after spring had finally come.

A small cool breeze left some of his shiny green strands floating about, creating a wondrous illusion of being underwater.

The image before the support hero was so serene, that it also made her want to sleep. Though, she felt it was a pity if she closed her eyes. So, she stayed still, resting her elbows on the soft linens to place her chin upon her wrinkly palms.

She was rather drowsy after taking care of him last night because of a cursed nightmare.

A few weeks after the entrance exam, just a day before the start of classes, Aizawa had left Izuku in Midnight's and Recovery Girl's hands so he could do his nightly patrol around the area.

In the first few hours past bedtime, he had slept peacefully with them. He was neatly tucked in his heavy dark blue comforter, eyes shut tightly against the nightlight beside him.

At that time, Nemuri thought that the light was hindering the boy from falling asleep any deeper, so she turned it off.

No one had told her that that was exactly what they were avoiding.

Since Izuku's arrival at UA, it was always Hizashi who took care of the boy while Aizawa was gone. It just so happened that Hizashi was out on a mission that exact same day.

Coincidentally, Chiyo was downstairs preparing some soothing tea for herself.

Click!

After the sound of the switch, a tremor erupted within the foundations of the medium sized apartment, like a full-on high magnitude earthquake.

All the cups that were hanging above the counter crashed with each other and fell to the ground, while the cabinets with plates inside were shaken up to the point of leaving behind nothing but dust and incomprehensible pieces. All the windows had shattered as well.

Realizing the intensity and peculiarity of the situation, Chiyo immediately ran upstairs, regardless of the apartment's stair's huge-ass gaps.

She came banging through the door of Izuku's room with a flashlight at hand, screaming at Nemuri to open the lights.

The R-rated hero quickly came back to her senses, after gaping at Izuku's levitating bed with ice forming below it.

Although Izuku was already 15 years of age, he still had a bit of a trauma, triggering side effects relating to his quirk. It was like a sort of automatic self defense mechanism encoded in his brain.

They've already known how chaotic Izuku's quirk could get once it was out of control, through the years they've been together.

The youthful heroine found herself covering her yawn after sighing at the memories of last night.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Chiyo's eyes landed on the black chocker on Izuku's neck, with neon blue and silver lines around it.

It was a quirk dampener. The strongest type in the world, only used for the biggest villains held in Tartarus.

A small frown was strewn on the heroine's face.

The body under the blankets rolled over to face her before she could even wipe her expression clean.

". . . Good morning, Obaachan," Izuku flashed a dazzling smile, showing his pearly white teeth, "why are you so sad?"

His voice was light and airy from the sleep but it still sounded concerned.

Chiyo smiled slightly with sad eyes as she pulled back a strand of loose green hair on Izuku's bushy head. Though, after tidying up the teen's appearance, she smacked his head till it felt sore.

"What Obaachan?!" She fumed, smoke coming out of her nostrils.

Izuku's cheeks turned red as he laughed.

"Sorry, my bad," the boy hugged the woman to quell her annoyance, stuffing his face on top of her bun, "thank you for letting me stay here, Chiyo. . ."

His voice was muffled but she could still hear him and his next words clearly.

"-baachan."

After that, Izuku ran.

He pulled his grey blazer on top of the swivel chair, and picked up his leather black shoes beside it in the process.

He could hear the clinic's door slamming shut as he sprinted towards safety.

Hehe.

For the teen, it was fun teasing the old lady.

. . .

His steps halted. A sad smile was strewn on the boy.

. . . Even though he actually meant it when he called her "Baachan".

He resumed his walk to the classroom, his pace ten times slower than before, as if he was wandering in space with all the time in the world.

Just as he was turning to a corner, he bumped into a hard chest and felt his nose crack.

"Gh!-" r-restore!

A faint blue light emerged from Izuku's right palm, that covered his burning nose. His eyes felt hot as well.

You're a big boy. Why you gotta cry like this???

He swore that fabric he crashed into was familiar. He looked up cautiously, his eyes focusing at the person's rigid figure. He felt the back of his spine tingling, as if there was impending doom if he ever had eye contact with this ominous mountain.

Shoot.

Yet, it was already too late.

"Hey, Sensei."