Chapter II

|•Present•|

Rehabilitation Project X

Dr. Heath looked at the file before him in dismay. Will it work?

It's already been another month of isolation. The boy would be turning eight by then. He sighed in frustration.

Of course, he'll make it work.

He has to.

As a renowned quirk doctor, he himself knew that this problem wasn't difficult to the point where he'd lose sleep. The thirty years of studying the nature of superpowers gave him a huge confidence boost. So, what was the problem again?

Right.

The boy was in a coma after quirk overuse. He couldn't believe that after three years of being careful, they'd still have a forced quirk activation, which also lead to almost having the buildings around them collapse and even as far as digging their graves.

Heath massaged his temples with his right hand, looking over the documents on his left one. The only sound that came from his bare office was the ticking of the wall clock that he bought the other day, since the old one cracked after the incident. He couldn't believe the force the boy made. It even reached over London. The team heads had to report it as a natural disturbance for the people. Although the mass media had been suspicious as of late, they couldn't deny their own countries' presidents.

A knock came from the other side of the door infront of him. "Come in," he said.

"Good afternoon, Doctor. Mrs. Quinn told me to take you downtown for lunch. It's already past two and she wouldn't want you getting sick over an empty stomach," a young man with yellow eyes had said. He walked in with a black trench coat in his arms, as he sat on the seat opposite of Heath. He brought an elbow on top of the desk between them and laid his chin with a knowing look. His white shoulder length hair was tied to a messy ponytail, bouncing as he tilted his head in anticipation.

"Want me to drag you?"

Heath looked at the boy with his lips in a thin line. "No. Go away, Jonathan," the man in a white coat irked with his nose going round as he puffed.

"You're gonna get nauseous, I tell you," Jonathan sneered albeit having crocodile tears in his eyes.

"Tch," Heath looked over the documents one more time, then slammed the papers on his desk as he stood up and sprinted towards the door, leaving the white haired boy to idle in his large but empty room.

Jonathan muttered, "should've waited for me. . . "

He was about to stand up as well when his eyes caught the papers Heath was reviewing.

"It wouldn't hurt to look, right?" He said to no one but himself. He tapped on the wooden table as he grabbed the files.

He looked at the first viewable page in confusion. Was Heath actually having a hard time on something as simple as a renewal of a child's medical record?

𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝙼𝚒𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚢𝚊 𝙸𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚞
𝙰𝚍𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜: 𝚡𝚡𝚡 𝙼𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚞, 𝙹𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚗
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑: 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 15 𝚡𝚡𝚡𝚡
𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛: 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚎
𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚃𝚢𝚙𝚎: 𝙾
𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔: 𝙽/𝙰

There were a lot of notes underneath the first page. Jonathan furrowed his brows. What "n/a"?

The notes seemed to be about the effects and drawbacks of the boy's quirk. Did they not finalize a name for it yet?

Massive headaches.
Nosebleeds.
Unconsciousness.

How vague, Jonathan thought. Maybe he shouldn't have been too hard on Heath. It really was hard to find a name for the boy's quirk.

He flipped through the other pages before a red sticky note fell on the cold white tiles. He reached to grab it. Wether it was because he was curious or simply out of habit, he read the contents of the small colored paper. After a few seconds of thinking, his eyes widened in disbelief.

"No way," the yellow-eyed man said as he put the note back in its place.

Quirk stabilizers ×30
Capsules {m}
Jun Young's Capture W̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶  Aid
Suppressants {high dose} ×5

Jonathan was familiar with the scribbled writing. It was Heath's. He pondered about the things in the note, then realized something. Although it might not be right- because Lord knows how the thought came to him- he knew he was.

It looked like an old note, with coffee stains around it.

But that wasn't the revelation that made Jonathan choke on his own saliva. He was sure of it.

The boy, Midor-something-Ku, was the one who needed those stuff. So, like . . . How did this make any sense? The boy should be seven, right? Is his quirk that powerful? Wait, scratch that. Is the quirk that dangerous?

Jonathan looked at the files again, sighing as he fixed it up and left for the door. Heath should be waiting downstairs and he doesn't want the doctor to know he went through those files.

In all honesty, he just wanted to help him.

Jonathan sighed again. He greeted Heath, the later asking the young man why he was so slow, also complaining that he was hungry and time was important.

At those remarks, Jonathan snorted and went off with Heath to the nearest burger resto.

The thoughts in Jonathan's head faded as he was plagued with another that currently was on par with his dubiety. How in the world can you fit five burgers in your mouth without choking or having some kind of food quirk? The old man's appetite was a sight to behold.

Even the passer-bys were gawking at their table, thinking it was one of those eating shows.

Jonathan had to endure.

He looked at the portion of fries Heath left for him. The golden coated slices of potatoes innocently shined back at him with it's oiliness, being engulfed in an enticing aroma.

He grabbed the bottle of ketchup, a few drops remaining. And. . .

He squeezed the life out of it, dipping the remaining fries in the thick red liquid.

——————————————————

ʰᵉˡˡᵒ! ᵗʰⁱˢ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ᶠⁱˡˡᵉʳ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ, ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ.

ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿᵃˡˡʸ, ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ᵏⁱⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵉⁱᵗʰᵉʳ ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵈᵉᶠⁱⁿⁱᵗᵉˡʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵖˡᵒᵗ ᵖᵘʳᵖᵒˢᵉˢ. ⁱ ᵖʳᵒᵐⁱˢᵉ.

ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸ, ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʳᵉᵃᵈⁱⁿᵍ.
ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ. . .

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
-ʸᵘᵘⁿᵒᵗʸᵒᵘ