Chapter 1: The Begining

This is the first of nine chapters for all of the first movie. I would greatly appreciate any interactions with this story; comments, saves, stars, etc.

I have all the chapters written out and ready to upload, however, if you have ideas for a chapter (already posted or not) I may edit it in. Also, please be forewarned, I do not have an editor. Any mistakes are mine and mine alone. I will do my best with the editing, but I can not garuntee a perfect read.

Anyways, on to the story. I hope you enjoy it!

This chapter contains minor swearing, and mentions of neglect, bullying, and self-hatred.

This, is Berk. It's twelve days North of hopeless, and a few degrees South of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery.

My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new.

We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitos. We have…

A small feminine frame reaches out to pull open the heavy wooden door set in the wall before them. The small teen quickly slams the door closed faster than she was able to throw it open, doing so just in time to avoid being burnt to cinders in the doorway of her own home. The heat and the light seep through the gaps between the wooden boards, not only warming the young woman, but also illuminating her as well. Her auburn-red hair looking more red in the flames and her emerald green eyes flaring in barely suppressed panic. 

...dragons.

She takes a moment to quickly gather her courage and presses on with pulling the door back open and sprinting off of her doorway and making a mad dash through the erupting chaos as more and more vikings are rushing the opposite way. To battle. Hefting weapons twice the girls size and weight combined and charging to fight the devils invading their home. Some vikings are quick to raise the alarm, helping add more to the frenzy of humans with axes flooding the streets.

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues.

My name's Hicca. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

By now Hicca has managed to run through the battle and she looks back, quickly. As she does she sees many dragons swooping in and stealing the village's livestock and the many vikings that are racing to attack them with their swords and axes held high. An explosion from one of the fires set by the dragons. As a result, one of the larger vikings came hurtling and crashing down upon Hicca, momentarily trapping her as he let out a loud scream.

“Arggghhhhh!” He looked down quickly as he prepared to push himself up and run off. “Mornin’!”

Hicca finds her way to stable footing again and bolts past more men and women, each looking larger than the last. 

Meet the neighbors. Hoark the Haggard...

“What are you doing out!?”

... Burnthair the Broad...

“Get inside!”

... Phlegma the Fierce...

“Get back inside!”

...Ack...

The large viking is silent as he picks at his ear rather than acknowledge the petite girl dashing past him.