𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

─── ・ 。゚☆ : * . ☽ . * : ☆ 。゚・ ───

Katherine Swann's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1720

The day was obscured by the haze. Thin lines of sun ray beamed through the gloom, sharing warmth among the chilling atmosphere. The HMS Dauntless steadily glided through the tranquil sea, from England heading to Port Royal, Jamaica, our soon-to-be home.

Everyone was busy doing their work on the ship, while Elizabeth Swann, my older sister, and I were gazing at the deep blue sea together.

Elizabeth was wearing an elegant blue dress, while I wore a blush-like pink dress.

The upper half of my sister's dark blonde hair was curled into a bun, my brownish black hair was braided in two

The upper half of my sister's dark blonde hair was curled into a bun, my brownish black hair was braided in two. As our gazed were fixed at the sea, Elizabeth started humming a pirate song that our mother, Meredith Swann, taught us when we were younger. Soon, I joined my sister's song.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack
Drink up-

Joshamee Gibbs, all of the sudden, grabbed Elizabeth's shoulder and mine, startling both of us.

"Quiet missies! Cursed pirates sail these waters! You don't want to bring them down on us now, do ya?" Mr. Gibbs cautiously glanced at the thick mist, then to us.

Elizabeth and I stared at each other curiously, in view of the fact that we used to sing that tune almost all the time with our mother back then, within the crowded city of England. I definitely will be missing our good old days, but I also have been looking forward to the new adventures that awaited.

"Mr. Gibbs, that will do." Lieutenant James Norrington came, accompanied by our father, Governor Weatherby Swann.

"They were singing about pirates!" Mr. Gibbs pointed his finger at my sister and me, "Bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog, mark my words."

'He really believes at every superstitions, doesn't he?' I thought.

"Consider them mark. On your way." Lieutenant Norrington ordered.

"Aye, Lieutenant." Mr. Gibbs walked away. As he drank from his flask, he murmured, "It's bad luck to have a woman on board too! Even the miniature ones..."